June Crowds...

JennSmith

We have always only been to WDW during September, October, or the 1st 2 weeks of December. At least that's been the case for the past couple of decades. This year we are going June 9th through 17th. What kind of crowds can be expected at that time? I don't know how much I trust crowd calendars because we were at MK in 2016 on Oct 1st for the 45th Anniversary. Touring Plans had that day marked as a 9 out of 10, like after the fact...that's what they claimed it was and not what they predicted it to be. And although it was definitely very busy, I feel like a 9 would have been much more uncomfortable than it actually was.

drcasey

I went the first week of June in 2015 and didn’t find it to be very crowded at all. The following April, I went the last week of April (all crowd calendars said it was “green” aka not crowded) and it was PACKED. It’s hit or miss honestly and I feel like now it’s just always packed from what I gather!

Upvote 0

monykalyn

June is my favorite time to go. The first two weeks are busy, and it's hot but not July or August hot yet. Going again this June for first two weeks. Just have a strategy for heat and crowds.

Upvote 0

macefamily

Flip a coin. For 20 years we have scheduled most of our trips for early December. In between the holidays was always great with wait times hanging from 10 minutes to 30 minutes max. It was the same for Universal as well. About six years ago that narrative all changed. 1 hr+ waits for the big attractions are commonplace. We did a long weekend trip in early December last month. The temperatures were in the low 50's. Universal was mobbed and Mickey's Christmas was sold out. I didn't even go to the parks the last day. I stayed in our room and watched football. Very frustrated. That's not commonplace for me because I love the parks.

Upvote 0

JennSmith

Original Poster
Flip a coin. For 20 years we have scheduled most of our trips for early December. In between the holidays was always great with wait times hanging from 10 minutes to 30 minutes max. It was the same for Universal as well. About six years ago that narrative all changed. 1 hr+ waits for the big attractions are commonplace. We did a long weekend trip in early December last month. The temperatures were in the low 50's. Universal was mobbed and Mickey's Christmas was sold out. I didn't even go to the parks the last day. I stayed in our room and watched football. Very frustrated. That's not commonplace for me because I love the parks.
Yea we were there the 1st 2 weeks of this past December too and I was FREEZING lol. I packed accordingly but for some reason still had to buy even more layers from Uniqlo and Walmart lol. We still had fun though. Oh and I also broke down and bought a blanket at AK to use while we were waiting to see ROL on cold benches :confused:

Upvote 0
For the first few years we went as a family, we LOVED early/mid-May for our Son's BD. Then he started school, so we've moved it to late May/early June. The crowds can be a bit more, but nothing like July/August. We just do a one park/split day to avoid the major crowds surges (starting around 10:30am-2pm) and the heat of mid-day. (Arrive early, hit the major rides, and leave by 10:30/11 then eat lunch at the resort & swim/nap. Dinner Ressie in-park and late afternoon/evening relaxed touring.)
We've been pleased, so far, with how its' worked out- but we didn't go last year, so things might have changed since then!

Upvote 0

MOUSEGIRL

We usually go that same week in June and have always been able to get reservation at our favorite places to eat. We have never not gotten the fast passes we want. The big thing to remember is get to the parks early. Take a midday break. We are from houston so the weather is no different than it is here but it is still hot when you are outside for 10 plus hours. Drink plenty of water and enjoy.

Upvote 0

mdubm

I’m honestly beginning to think Summer may be the new time to go. Everyone takes off time from work to go during “low” times now. Or there are good enough promos that make people visit during off peak times. We went in October and it was packed. I follow several Disney people on Instagram and the parks have been packed the past month.

One thing I can say with certainty is the week after Christmas is, and will always be, the worst time to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom