June 3- 14

Well our Grand Gatherings had a Grand old time! We stayed at Pop Century. Everyone loved it. No bus problems, yes they were crowded, but no real wait time problems. The rooms were cold, the water was hot and the prices were right!

I do think though we must have hit a National Idiots Convention. I swear I have never in my life ran into so many stupid people!

Case #1, while in CBJ it began to pour down rain (mind you it was about 95 degrees outside), so at exit time it was a near standstill, I was holding our 4 yr old while DH had a hold of our 8yr old. Well, this woman gets the brilliant idea to climb over the seats in CBJ to beat people out of the show area, she slipped and fell oo me, thank GOD the man next to me grabbed me, but you know the woman didn't even say Excuse me! nothing, she just glared at me like it was all my fault!

Case #2, while entering Mickeys Philharmagic, this group decides to stop in the middle of the theater rather than go all the way down (why is it that people rush to be the first in the theater only to stop in the middle of the rows?) then they just kept saying "no speak English" and made people step over them, then before the show starts the CM says "did someone lose a spray bottle?" well, low and behold this woman jumps up and says "Its mine" guess what , she was in the group that couldn't move down because they didn't speak English!

anyway, these incidents certainly didn't effect our trip, I just found them a bit funny.

Well, anyway, our trip was alot of fun, we had a great time, bought lots of great souvineers, I got to see CoP several times, each time we went our theater was near capacity. We rode all the rides, saw the shows, enjoyed the parades! and now we can't wait to go back! whooo hooo how much longer til Feb???

By the way, my DH & my nephew both loved thier B-day surprises that Pop Century CM's left in the rooms!

General Grizz

Great news!

This proves a few things: aim for the center of the theatre and CoP has no reason to close when Stitch opens. :D

As for CBJ, that was a bad idea; after a few seconds after "Come Again" ends, a giant influx of people will start pouring in from the entrance!

Dwarful

Original Poster
Hey Turkey, all concerns were lost when we got settled in. We were in the 70's Bldg 1 I believe? rooms 6343, 6342, 6341! Everything was great we had a lovely view of the lake, but were close enough to food courts, buses, etc. that all had no problems. My mom did have to spend one day in the room on bed rest and needed some "emergency" medications for Kidney problems related to her diabetes and foot swelling, well EVERYONE @ Pop was great in helping us figure out what pharmacy to use, how to get there etc.

The rooms were great, mousekeeping superb w/ the kids toys etc., and the birthdays! Everyone loved it!

TnkrBelPixiDust

Great trip report!!! I've heard some not so great things about POP Century however all your good things made me consider going there. Don't you just hate when people sit in the middle of the rows!! That happens ALL the time @ Jim Hensons Muppets 3-D!!! It's either that or sitting next to people who are stinky.. one time I had to breathe through my mouth the whole show and kept gagging because the guy sitting next to me had the WORST BO... That was a show to remember...!! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom