June 29-July 7

under_the_sea

Can anyone tell me anything about being in Disney World during these days (6/29-7/7)? I'm really scared it'll be unbelievably crowded since it's basically the July 4th week...I am staying on a Disney resort. Does anyone have any advice or strategies? Thanks!

JuliaGulia

I was there last year over the 4th and it was hot and crowded. If you want to go to MK or EPCOT on the 4th, plan on going to the park before 10 am. They have a tendency to reach capacity early. However, if you would like to enjoy your vacation, spend the day of the 4th at the pool and go into the parks the 29 - 2nd :) They do fireworks at Downtown Disney too, so you don't have to be at a park that day to see them

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

If you want to be in the MK on the 4th go early and dont leave, By 8pm the hub will be standing room only. You literally wont be able to move. We sat and watched a CM with a cart if ice melt away for a couple hours a few years ago because he got stuck and couldnt get any further. You could go to the Poly and watch them and actually get the best view IMO of the 360 fireworks.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was there a couple of years ago at that time of year and they did the 4th of July fireworks on the 3rd and the 4th at the Magic Kingdom. So we decided to do the 4th on the 3rd, so if they still do this it might be a good option for you. Then maybe do Epcot on the 4th. It will be hot and crowded, but it always is in the summer. So go with a lot of patience, and plan to take breaks back at your resort pool to cool off. Don't plan to do everything, since lines are longer. I just got back from the world a couple of weeks ago and I was so surprised at all we could do in one day in february that would take us 2-3 days in late June. Have fun!

Upvote 0

disney21

The last time we were there on the fourth of july was in '04. We actually reallly enjoyed it. We spent the day in Epcot and thought it was the best choice out of all the parks. We had dinner at Rose and Crown outside with the BEST view of the fireworks. I would reccomend doing Epcot on th 4th without a doubt!

Upvote 0

darrin933

I have been down the last 4 years on the 4th and just booked my room today for this year. It is really busy down there. Last year they were not even letting people in to the polynesian unless you were staying there, which we were, because so many people were just trying to get in there for the fireworks. Plus the 4th is on a Friday this year. We just stay at the resort, its crazy busy at MK. Its the one day of the year I splurge and get a concierge lagoon room at the poly and enjoy the day from the resort and wait for the awesome firework show.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom