June 24 to June 28 trip

Thought I would post some highlights of our recent trip.

This trip was the first time I used a car service and I thought it was great!! We used Quicksilver and had a great experience. Great driver, very professional and helpful. We did a grocery stop which was great. I would highly recommed Quicksilver if you are looking for a town car service and doing the grocery stop. We saved a ton of money by eating breakfast and lunch, wit snacks in our room. Definitely invest in getting a collapasable cooler, packing it in your suitcase and keeping it full with ice in your room. This provides you with your own frig.

I went to Disney for a conference and brought along my sister, nine year old niece and my eight year old daughter. the conference was at the Yacht club so I was lucky enough to stay there. i thought it was great. Fun pool, great location, clean rooms and very friendly CM's. I have no complaints at all about the hotel. Bus service and boat service was great, on time and never too crowded.

Very hot and sweaty at Disney, so I suggest you bring along a water bottle with fan. You can buy one much cheaper than the one for 17.00 at dsiney.

Pretty crowded Monday and Tuesday at MK and MGM, Epcot was never too crowded and did not have a problem watching fireworks at night. We had passing lightning storms pretty much every night. MK had to cancel the 9 pm parade but had the 11 o clock one which ended up being much better, less crowded!! Fireworks at MK were great, even the lightning was timed with the music of the show.

We lucked out with rides, basically walking right on space mountain, buzz lightyear, test track and mission space. Most of the time the lines weren't too mad, 30 minute wait. I would definitley fast pass ARC and then stand in line for TOT. Fast pass test track and go next door to mission space. Definitley fast pass, nothing beats the feeling when you walk by all those poor sweaty hot people in line.

One thing with Disney that I noted is that they seem to have alot of technical difficlulties this visit. Mission space we had to change rooms three times before we were able to get on a ride. TOT had only one side open and that was the longest wait for us. Haunted manison was down twice in two days!!! We were lucky because we had alreday gone on haunted mansion but I can't help wondering about other people who were limited in their time at MK and counldn't get on these rides.

All in all it was a great trip. I have stayed at Carribean, all star music, boardwalk and now the yacht, (plus off disney once) and I must say this was one of the best trips yet. Yacht club has a great location and for some reason the busses did not seem as crowded to me as when I stayed at the all stars. HMM could it be they send more busses????

Even though it was hot, crowded and sticky, every one was happy. Talked alot with people in line. Even got some fast passes to ride splash mountain right after we got off from some very nice people who had had enough.

Another tip. If you have a little girl, and can't get into the Cinderella breakfast, definitely do the Norwegian breakfast at Epcot. My daughter was very dissapointed that we couldn't get into the castle but she had a great time at this breakfast. Jasmine, Belle, Sleeping beauty, Mulan and snow white was there. It was great!!!

All in all a great trip!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom