June 22 Trip Report

CrazyDave’s June 22nd (Tuesday) WDW Trip Report

This is coming in a day late… as we didn’t get back home until about 2 AM and since I forgot to pay Cable… I had no Internet until this afternoon!

We arrived at the Property around 10 AM. We went straight to the Magic Kingdom. Many others were arriving at the same time but parking was easy, and the lot was not even half full. We parked in “Daisy” near the speedway. The parking lot didn’t seem to fill up past us…

First Park: Magic Kingdom
We made our way through the turn styles and headed to Splash Mountain via the train. There are signs as you walk up the stairs at the Main Street Train Station reminding you that the Toon Town Fair Station was closed.

We board the train and get off at Splash Mountain. There are two of us, and we’re already hot! We see that the standby wait for Splash is 55 minutes at 10:30AM. We get a Fast Pass for Splash (Return at 12:15) and get in the stand by line for Thunder Mtn (30 Minutes posted)

The line moved very quickly. We were in line for about 20 minutes before we were riding.

We still had time to kill before Splash, so we headed over to POTC, the sign said 15 minute of waiting, and that’s exactly how long it was. And it was inside! Air Conditioning was needed after the brief wait at Thunder Mtn.

Splash time came… didn’t get wet enough in my opinion, but still a great ride. When we entered the line at 12:25, the standby wait was now 80 minutes.

The crowds were defiantly out on Tuesday… we picked up a Turkey Leg and a $2 coke and we were on our way to EPCOT.

Second Park: EPCOT
We arrive at EPCOT around 1 PM. EPCOT was not nearly as crowded as the Kingdom.

The person I was with had never been on Test Track or Mission: Space. Test Track had a standby wait of 120 minutes and a single rider wait of 30 minutes. Mission: Space’s standby was 40 minutes.

We Fast Passed M:S and headed to the single rider line at Test Track. It was right on… 30 minutes. The ride did stop for about 10 minutes while we were on it.

We had a few minutes to kill, so we headed over to the Coke Attraction (I can’t think of it’s real name). We walked right in… and NO SNOW! I asked a CM where it was, and her reply… “The snow is gone indefinitely.” Bummers for those of us stuck in Florida and miss the occasional snow at EPCOT! I had my friend try the “Vegetable Coke” and as many of us have… he spit it right out.

Mission: Space was great as always… no one in my team needed the barf bags!

Third Park: Disney Studios
The Studios was crowded… not as bad as the Kingdom. Wait times for the big stuff around 4 were about 30 minutes each. RnR was running an hour wait. We hit the backlot tour, had fun. The Canyon didn’t seem to be as rough this time around. It looks as if the Auto Show arena is coming along nicely.

The Indiana Stunt Show was packed! It seemed to move slowly. We made our way to ToT and RnR around 8. RnR was now sporting an 85-minute wait, and ToT was at an hour. No FP’s available anymore. We decided to take on the Tower… wait was around 40 minutes. It’s really fun to ride when the sun has just set.

We decided to head back over to the Kingdom to try Space Mtn. We arrive as the first Spectro Parade is taking place. We walk over to Splash for some reason. Wait was still more than an hour at 8:30. We ride Thunder Mtn again. Wait was 15 minutes. We had the pleasure of riding Thunder during Whishes. That was a special treat!

Space Mtn was next. It was 10:20 and the park closed at 11. The wait was 45 minutes. We waited 45 minutes to ride.

We left the park and headed home.

Overall, it was a good day, after all a bad day with the mouse is still better than your best day at work! The crowds were heavier than I thought. I don’t normally go to the parks in the summer, and I remember why. There were too many people, especially young kids crying or whining! It was honestly hard to find families that looked like they were having fun! It didn’t rain at all, temps were in the lower 90’s with heavy humidity! The cheaper cokes at the Kingdom were nice… though I couldn’t find the cheaper drinks at any other parks. The Blue Monorail had a safety problem with a door around 9. Very slow moving machine! The lines to get on a tram to the parking lot to go home were crazy! We walked to our cars and drove home!

TnkrBelPixiDust

Great trip report.. I like hearing all the info about the parks and wait times... even though Im in PA I still like to feel that somehow im connected to the magic lol!
BTW... the whole snow thing.. trust me.. your not missing anything. Come January I'll take a picture of my neighborhood in the snow and post it on here... it's really not that great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom