June 2003

L_Cadman

My family and I are coming to WDW in June 2003 and staying in the All Star Sport resort. Does anyone have any tips and suggestions to make our trip go smoothly? p.s. We have been before and our little girl will be four when we come.

Thank you::)

KarenP

You have chosen a really fun resort to stay in. The All Stars are wonderfully themed, have great bus transportation and the best food courts. You may want to consider purchasing a refillable mug, as it can really save on drinks. Not sure if you are booked yet or not, but the only discounts out so far for 2003 are Disney Club and AAA. Disney usually offers some good discounts during the summer months. I would continue to check for codes. They usually come out around 3 months or so prior. Depending on how long you are staying, it may be to your benefit to purchase an annual pass instead of hopper passes. This could also get you a great resort discount.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. Have fun planning!

Karen

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Hi,

There are many things that come to mind when traveling with a young child. I would suggest that you take a break midday to give your daughter a rest. Go back to the hotel for a nap or a swim. I would also check out the height restrictions and scare factors on all of the rides before going. I would also bring along a small bottle of bubbles for blowing when the lines get long. Take advantage of the "play areas" that are located in the parks. Donald's boat in Mickey's Toontown is fun change for kids. (bring an extra outfit for her to change into) And also the little play area next to Splash Mountain is a fun place for the kids. You can also take her to the petting zoo at Ft. Wilderness. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or e-mail me. I do this for a living and would love to help you any way that I can.

Upvote 0

GOOFYMOM96

Our family is going in June 2003! Your daughter will have a great time. We first took our son when he was just turning 3. This next time he will have his 7th birthday , while we are there!!!!!! Can't wait!!!:

Upvote 0

Fido

Yep, that's just about the right age to appreciate everything there as well. My first time wasn't until I was about 11 in '76. Back in the old days when you had to take the monorail uphill in the snow both directions...and it only went to Magic Kingdom!:lol:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Fido
Yep, that's just about the right age to appreciate everything there as well. My first time wasn't until I was about 11 in '76. Back in the old days when you had to take the monorail uphill in the snow both directions...and it only went to Magic Kingdom!:lol:

LOL! I love it! My first time wasn't until I was 18!!!! I feel so DEPRIVED!!!

I took my oldest on her first trip to WDW when she was 3 and the youngest had her first trip at 18 months. It's so nice when their this young and their little faces lite up when they see the characters. I love watching the video of my youngest dancing with POOH at Mickey's toontown.

Upvote 0

Fido

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant

LOL! I love it! My first time wasn't until I was 18!!!! I feel so DEPRIVED!!!

I took my oldest on her first trip to WDW when she was 3 and the youngest had her first trip at 18 months. It's so nice when their this young and their little faces lite up when they see the characters. I love watching the video of my youngest dancing with POOH at Mickey's toontown.

Excellent! I went with my sister and nephew last year (during the week of awful 9/11 no less). My nephew was 12, but we had taken him before when he was around six. Last year he was more interested in the FAST rides like Rockin Rollercoaster, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Test Track, etc. Sigh. I like the slow 'passive' rides myself. :D

He loves WDW at any rate!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
My youngest is now 10 and RRC is her absolute favorite ride! She wants all of the rides like space mountain, splash mountain etc. I draw the line at Alien encounter and Tof T though. I don't think she can handle them yet.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom