June 1st reservations & just not sure

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

So June isn’t nearly as bad as it used to be attendance-wise as in previous years, especially early June (this year excluded because it’s a cluster)! We went a in June 2 years ago and the crowd levels were no worse than a they were when we’ve been in the fall (actually a bit lighter. So if you ever do have to book for the summer...June’s not so bad!

As for WDW opening this June, I’d didn’t believe last month but given that FL is already going ahead and opening things up and that Disney hasn’t cancelled those June reservations, I expect that they’ll open the parks in some limited capacity.

As for DLR, I don’t buy that happening anytime soon given CA is likely to be a lot more cautious opening things up (but who knows...it’s all guessing) 🤷‍♀️
I actually talked to the DVC earlier this week and the agent told me that they still had availability at BLT if I wanted to modify and book it for like June 5-13. That leads me to believe the crowds aren't really gonna be all that heavy since they still have 1br's available at BLT only a little over a month out. My thing is I just don't want a vacation to feel like an extended doctor's appt or something with all the "precautions" they are apparently gonna be taking. I'm hoping things will be a little more "normal" for our October trip in a few months but who knows? I may try for that June trip and am still just playing it by ear but my May trip is definitely cancelled because it was from the 15-23 and they are sending out notices that anything up until the 16th is cancelled already. I'd say you're right about Disneyland as well. Although I think Shanghai might be about to open though.

Nick Garrick

Original Poster
Thanks guys for all of your responses & interesting discussion!
After thinking about it & discussing with other local Disney AP holders - I have decided to cancel my reservation today. Although they may be open by June 12th & although MK may be open by then at 50% capacity, a lot of my AP friends here in FL are hanging back on going to WDW or Uni for some time after possible re-opening. The reason? We want to see what happens after the first waves of visitors go thru the parks, see how the health changes & inspections affect the parks & the rides & generally stay away from the possible chaos. LOL. Being in the medical profession (along with my AP friends), we want to see - from a distance at first- how things play out. Plus like some of you have said - it probably won’t be as fun & relaxing as it previously was for some time.
I even know some AP friends not renewing AP for WDW or Uni at this time - and they’re local Floridians.
Best to do what makes you feel comfortable
Thanks to you all & be safe! 😊

MissViv

Thanks guys for all of your responses & interesting discussion!
After thinking about it & discussing with other local Disney AP holders - I have decided to cancel my reservation today. Although they may be open by June 12th & although MK may be open by then at 50% capacity, a lot of my AP friends here in FL are hanging back on going to WDW or Uni for some time after possible re-opening. The reason? We want to see what happens after the first waves of visitors go thru the parks, see how the health changes & inspections affect the parks & the rides & generally stay away from the possible chaos. LOL. Being in the medical profession (along with my AP friends), we want to see - from a distance at first- how things play out. Plus like some of you have said - it probably won’t be as fun & relaxing as it previously was for some time.
I even know some AP friends not renewing AP for WDW or Uni at this time - and they’re local Floridians.
Best to do what makes you feel comfortable
Thanks to you all & be safe! 😊

I think that is a good decision.

I booked airfare for October but no resort yet. I am waiting to see when and what Disney is going to do when they open.

Mickey2minnie1

I just cancelled my daughter’s grad trip with friends for June 12th. It was hard to do and we are sad, but for the same reasons, it needed to be done.

disney4life2008

I wouldn't cancel yet. You would probably regret it if they do open in some capacity. They keyword you said is get away and have time for yourself. It sounds like just coming is good.

csmartin

We have our reservations still intact. We have worked on FPs since our 60 day window opened. The 24th of June at HS is blown out of FPs in a hurry. We will make the decision whether to keep or cancel when more solid info is submitted to the public. If it were annual passholders and onsite guests; I could see the drop in attendance numbers. I just wonder how the live characters will be dealt with vs. costumed.

MissViv

When they do open up, it will be FL residents only probably for the entire month of June at least. I don't see transportation running at all i.e. monorails, skyliner, buses or boats, so FL residents could drive their own car to the parks.

They want to test the waters before opening to the other states and not have people coming from outside FL to visit. FL is still in bad shape virus wise so we shall see.

NelleBelle

Except that they have been rescheduling all the cancelled reservations for June 1 and onwards and taking new reservations starting June 1. So not sure why they would do that if they would only allow FL residents in to “test” waters. They are going to have to test onsite transportation at some point so I can see them doing it early on with just onsite guests, limiting the number admitted to the parks. I certainly would not be keeping my reservations for June if I were not allowed in the parks and I don’t think they want the negative publicity from that either.
Regardless, we cancelled our trip to DLR for out DS’s grad trip. May try to make it out for Thanksgiving.

Nick Garrick

Original Poster
Here’s what I wonder.... if they are only allowed to be open at 50% capacity - that could include resorts guests. Who makes up the rest? People who actually buy day tickets who live in Florida? And then when it comes to AP holders in Florida - how do they manage the influx of crazy Disney AP holders who are chomping at the bit to get in - do they only allow a certain number? You can’t fill the park with FL AP holders only if you already have guests on property who are paying resort fees. Will there be a cut off, will people be upset because they can’t get in if they drove from South or North FL for a day trip? Will it be a “certain number in at a time, certain number out at a time” once capacity is hit - thus having a lot of people standing around in masks & in the Orlando heat??
I guess these are some questions I have, and that is one of the reasons I cancelled my June trip.
Plus theme parks are to open in Phase 2 of FL reopening - will we be in Phase 2 by June 1st?
So many questions - guess I’ll just watch it all on YouTube! LOL 😉😊😊

csmartin

Here’s what I wonder.... if they are only allowed to be open at 50% capacity - that could include resorts guests. Who makes up the rest? People who actually buy day tickets who live in Florida? And then when it comes to AP holders in Florida - how do they manage the influx of crazy Disney AP holders who are chomping at the bit to get in - do they only allow a certain number? You can’t fill the park with FL AP holders only if you already have guests on property who are paying resort fees. Will there be a cut off, will people be upset because they can’t get in if they drove from South or North FL for a day trip? Will it be a “certain number in at a time, certain number out at a time” once capacity is hit - thus having a lot of people standing around in masks & in the Orlando heat??
I guess these are some questions I have, and that is one of the reasons I cancelled my June trip.
Plus theme parks are to open in Phase 2 of FL reopening - will we be in Phase 2 by June 1st?
So many questions - guess I’ll just watch it all on YouTube! LOL 😉😊😊
My guess would be each phase is a 2 week window. That would be a week to get things up and running. Two weeks for the first phase. Two more into the 2nd and I wouldn't be surprised if they hung on to that number for a while. People with reservations and I guess APH would be groups to deal with. Work out the kinks in transportation, lodging, meals, etc. Plus, ShopDisney has been putting masks for sale and they are selling out like crazy. I would assume they are going to pull the trigger.

Getachew

Parks already acknowledged social distancing guidelines will be put into place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poppinsfan05

In the Parks
No
I have a vacation planned with my Foster parents one month later arriving July 12th and my Fosters and I are really doubting that is going to happen.

WoodyNBuzz

As someone who works in the travel industry, I’m thinking the big 3 in Florida open up this summer. The state is really dependent on tourism as the governor has mentioned a time or two. I have a trip to WDW booked and fully paid for with our dates being July 10-17. The resort and parks may look different but so does the community I live in. Things are different and that’s ok.

Peter Pan's Shadow

I have a vacation planned with my Foster parents one month later arriving July 12th and my Fosters and I are really doubting that is going to happen.
Yeah, we have reservations for a few days earlier than that and aren't super hopeful right now. Based on big park heads being on the committee that shocked everyone by saying parks could not only open in phase 1, but at their own discretion, I believe it will not be long before they open in some form.

UlsterToon

Planning on coming from UK In october. Only got hotel booked at present. Still think its unlikely we will get to come. I suppose stage 3 is when its open for overseas guests. I only want to go with the parks running at 100 percent! But be surprised if even by October that's the case.

RScottyL

The latest that I have seen, as far as WDW is concerned is that Florida will enter Phase 1 of reopening on May 4th, however this WILL NOT INCLUDE theme parks.

Theme Parks will be included in either Phase 2 or 3, but would open with limited capacity and have social distancing standards!

I have not seen a time frame of when they will go from Phase 1 to Phase 2 then 3, but my guess would be a minimum 2 weeks to a month!

cat hem

Totally changed my June 1st trip to a late August. Got a better deal on the room with the Sun/fun package. IMO it's far better to err on the side of caution, I just think June will be a cluster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom