June 11 - June 25 Trip Report

Here we go!

Friday June 11 - We flew from Wichita, KS to Orlando and checked into the motel. We stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. VERY NICE!!!

Saturday June 12 - Got to MK about 9:00 just in time to see the Tampa Bay parade. It was cool to start off the trip that way. We went right after the parade and got our fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise. While I got the fastpasses my mom and Gage went on Magic Carpets of Aladdin with basically no waiting. We then went on POTC with next to no waiting. It had been years since I had been on it and it seemed like the boats were deeper in the water than I remembered. Either that or I am older and noticed different things. We then rode the Jungle Cruise. I remembered them shooting off a gun at some point during the cruise but that never happened. Does anyone else remember that? From there we went and saw the Country Bear Jamboree with no waiting. Next was a trip to BTMR to get fastpasses. While we waited we rode the Railroad. Came back just in time for Gage and I to go on BTMR. I had never been on it and loved it! Gage was a little scared. Then it was back to the motel to relax and swim. Back again in the evening after dinner. We got our fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear and went on the TTA. The TTA is a lot longer than I remember and now goes through SM more which I don't remember but it was cool. We got on COP and it stopped in the second stage and we had to watch the second stage 3 times before they let us out saying someone had hit a wrong button. We rode Buzz Lightyear. My son loved it. By then it was just about time for the early parade so we went and got on Dumbo, Tea Cups, and Pooh with next to no waiting. Then it was straight into Philharmagic which was amazing. As we left Philharmagic Wishes started. It was kind of cool to be there during the fireworks. They went off all around us. From there we went up and got a seat to watch Spectromagic. The parade was great! Then home to bed.

Sunday June 13 - Gage started throwing up in the night and ended up very sick from the stress of traveling and spending a day at the MK so we ended up visiting Centra Care. Probably wouldn't recomend them they can't do much but after 30 hours in the motel and him throwing up on about 30 sheets he made a very quick recovery.

Monday June 14 - We took it easy and went to Downtown Disney. It was a great visit until a thunderstorm came through. We went back to the motel and got ready to go to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. The busing to get you to the show isn't real great and it reinforced why I stay in motels and not campgrounds. The show was great and very well worth it. The food was good and Gage loved it.

Tuesday June 15 - We went to Sea World. It was hotter than hell and we only spent about 3 hours there. We then went to the Race Rock for dinner and shopping at the Premium Outlets.

Wednesday June 16 - We slept in and went to the World's Largest McDonald's for lunch. It was way to crowded and loud for me! Then it was off to MGM. Gage got to meet his hero Buzz Lightyear. We played Millionaire. Saw Playhouse Disney and Little Mermaid. All in all it was an easy day with very little waiting. We were so hot and tired after Little Mermaid we went back to the motel for dinner and a swim.

Thursday June 17 - Back to the Magic Kingdom we went. We got fast passes for Peter Pan and did all of Toontown including waiting in line for hours while Gage met characters. We squeezed in another ride on Buzz Lightyear and then watched Wishes. The show was great and I have to say brought a tear to my eye.

Friday June 18 - Epcot it was. We didn't go into the park until late so we didn't get to see a whole lot. We went through Innoventions and then did the Living Seas. Next we went to The Land and then HISTA. We finished it off with strolling around the countries until Illuminations started. Watched that and headed out for the night.

Saturday June 19 - We decided to take a break from the parks and went to some flea markets and the Harley Davidson shop and Shell World. Then it was back to the motel to swim and then out to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. Talk about some great seafood!!

Sunday June 20 - Went to AK. I was rather disappointed in this park. We went on the safari ride and it was so bumpy that we had to hold onto Gage. Then we went out on the train to Rafikki's. That was great. Saw ITTBAB. WAY too scarey for Gage. Went to Tarzan Rocks and Festival of the Lion King. Went to Epcot to see Imagination. I so love Figment!!! We had dinner at the Garden Grill with Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Gage loved it and the food was okay.

Monday June 21 - Blizzard Beach. Had a great time and it was very relaxing. Went to The Black Angus Steakhouse for dinner. Great rather cheap steak with amazing desert! Went to Sea World to see the soft opening of their new fireworks/water display, Mistify. It was great! Really well done for a Seaworld show.

Tuesday June 22 - Went to Friendly's for lunch and then off to the Outlet Malls. Spent most of the day shopping and having a great time. Went back and saw Mistify again.

Wednesday June 23 - Went to Planet Hollywood for lunch. The food was really good. Then over to Downtown Disney to shop and go to Ghiarhdelli for desert. Got a phone call that my great Aunt was sick so went back to the motel and Gage and I went swimming. Took my mom to the airport and Gage and I went to MGM and had dinner at the Sci Fi Diner. The food was okay and well overpriced. Gage loved it. Then we went to the late show of Fantasmic! Talk about a great show!!! Loads of fun and Gage loved it.

Thursday June 24 - Gage and I slept in and went to MK. Got fastpasses to the Haunted Mansion and watched the SADCT parade. Went on HM. Again the ride seemed longer to me. I don't remember going down after seeing the ballroom. We went over to Tomorrowland and went on Buzz Lightyear again. Saw COP...I still love this one! Went on TTA. Got Gage's Mickey ears and headed back to the motel to pack up and swim.

Friday June 25 - Flew out to Wichita.

All in all it was a great trip. We had to take it pretty easy because we didn't want Gage to get sick again. Our motel was great and in a perfect location. The heat was more than we could take most of the time. Anyway if you have any questions feel free to ask. The crowds were not too bad and most of the waits were 30 to 45 minutes.

Nansafan

Great report! My son got sick once in DL. He and I lost a whole day. I feel your pain, a sick kid in a hotel room is no fun. Yes, they did used to shoot a gun on the Jungle Cruise. That was changed a few years ago to make the ride a little more PC.

disneytati

Great trip! It sounds like lots of fun! Isn't Philharmagic amazing? I just loved it! And Wishes..... Oh, my!!!!!!! Nice to know you had fun! :)

Gagesmom314

Original Poster
Nansafan I thought of you at one point on our trip when we got off of the monorail and they said the whole "watch your headnstep" I cracked up. My mom just looked at me like I was nuts.

Nansafan

Glad I could make you laugh. That headnstep thing happened a few years ago. When we were kids, my dad made jokes like that all the time with puns and such. When we were on the resort monorail at the GF stop, I heard the announcer say that and asked my cousin the question "do you know where your headnstep is?" We all cracked up. Now we listen for it every time and somebody makes a headnstep comment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom