June 10-16 Trip Report--Much Info!

Well I'm back from a week in paradise! I'll be using this thread to give detailed information about my trip, analysis of "new" things I experienced, as well as pictures. Some of those things include Mission:Space, the new HISTA preshow, the changed China movie, and Star Wars Weekend.

Overall, let me just say this trip, blew all others away. I had such a great time. We'll start with Day one: June 10. First I should say we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Oh my gosh, from the second I walked in I was in awe. This resort is simply beautiful! Architecturally, culturally, and artistically, it's just amazing! The lobby itself could keep me entertained for a couple hours. We arrived around 11:00, and after checking out our room, we headed down to The Mara for lunch. This story just goes to show you how great Disney is with customer satisfaction. They somehow lost our order, and after waiting only fifteen minutes (which didn't seem that long to me, but did to my family), my dad asked one of the cm's and got everything straightened out. Because they lost our order, they gave each of us a free dessert! With six people, it ended up being about twenty dollars they spent on us, and when we returned to our table, there was our food, nice and hot. Thank you, Disney!

After lunch, my parents went to Animal Kingdom ( I hear it wasn't very crowded), and my brother and sisters and I just explored the resort. How beautiful! I am still amazed by it.

That night was e-ride night at MK, so we decided to take advantage of that. I really recommend this. It gives you a chance to ride those rides that you know you would have to wait a while for on other days. Most rides were less than ten minute waits if not walk-on.

Well there's day one, I'll be back for more. . .day two was Epcot (and Mission:Space), so stay tuned.

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Originally posted by outlaw322
What's the Fantasmic Dinner Package??????????

The Fantasmic! Dinner package is where you make priority seating arrangements at one of the selected table service restaurants. If you eat before a certain time, you can get a special ticket that will allow you to sit in a reserved section of the amphitheater for Fantasmic! located at the far right of the theater. It really is something to take advantage of. If you are going to be eating table service for dinner anyway, might as well make the arrangements earlier in the day, so that you don't have to wait two hours to get a seat for the show. Plus, once it's over, you're right next to the exit. Plus, they don't charge you extra for the package, just the price of the meal.

outlaw322

The package doesn't have a separate price or anything? How are the seats in the far right section??? I'm asking all this because we're going in July and MGM is our last stop on the trip. Thanks a lot!

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Originally posted by outlaw322
The package doesn't have a separate price or anything? How are the seats in the far right section??? I'm asking all this because we're going in July and MGM is our last stop on the trip. Thanks a lot!

Nope, so separate price, just make sure to arrange it beforehand. You can't get the voucher unless you get priority seating arrangements. In other words, you can't just eat at the restaurant and expect it. It's their way of rewarding good planning. The seats are pretty good actually. They reserve the farthest right two sections, and you can sit as close or as far back as you like. We sat about two thirds of the way up so we could get out quickly, and sat as close to the aisle as possible to be lined up with the water screen. It's well worth it, unless you want to wait two hours to get a front row mickey section seat. We'll be there again in July as well. I hope you have a great time!

outlaw322

You're a great help. We didn't do Fantasmic last year and I've never seen it. So, how do I get a voucher? I'm sorry I'm bothering you by the way. In July, it's gonna be me, my sister, my parents, and an aunt and uncle. Can you walk me through what we need to do, please? Thanks a lot.

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Well in order to get the voucher, you have to have priority seating arrangements. Usually my sister and my mom make them early in the morning while the rest of us are riding ToT and RnR (which they don't like). To be honest, I'm not sure where they go to do this. I would guess guest relations, but then I don't know where that is in MGM. If nothing else, you can always go to the restaurant itself and have them made there, I know that for sure. We always choose Hollywood and Vine because of their great buffet, and that's right off of Hollywood Blvd, so it's close. After that, they'll give you the voucher when they seat you with the number in your party written on it. Then, they'll tell you when to be at the entrance (which is located next to Oscars--the red and white gas station looking place where they rent strollers and wheelchairs). They'll say no later than _____ which would be 30 minutes before whenever the show starts. Someone correct me if I"m wrong, but I think if there are two shows, you can catch either one with the voucher. Not sure on that though.

It really is no problem at all. I'm glad to help all that I can. As are most folks on these forums. Enjoy your trip!

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Ok, it's finally that time. I got around to fixing those pics and uploading them. Here you are:

The first is of some construction at the exit of Buzz:
153buzz1.gif

Here's one of the new preshow guy at Festival of the Lion King. As I mentioned, he previously was the singing cowboy in the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon revue:

153lion.gif

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Ok, I don't know why geocities isn't letting me img these. Those two before I uploaded to my WDWMAGIC photo album, which I can't stand. This may take some time. . . .

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Let me know if you guys can or can't see these, because on my computer it's the luck of the draw--sometimes I can, and sometimes I can't. Very frustrating.

Here's one of some rehab work in World Showcase. That's the outpost in the background, to give you an idea of where it is:

ws1.gif

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Here are some from Mission:Space. There are a lot more where these came from, but I know you've already seen many many pics from M:S so I won't post the standard things.

__hr_Space+1.gif

__hr_Space+2.gif

__hr_Space+3.gif

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Lastly (for now) here are some from Mickey's Philharmagic. Notice how the queue winds around to the left of the theater.

__hr_Phil+3.gif

__hr_Phil+1.gif

__hr_Phil+2.gif

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Hopefully everyone can see those. If there is something that I said I had a picture of and I forgot to post it, just tell me, and I'll get right on it. And if you're looking for a picture of something I didn't mention, just ask, and I'll check to see what I have.

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Originally posted by BRER STITCH
BUMMER!!!

All I see is little red X's.............

:(

Dang. That's what I was afraid of. When I open the pictures on my computer, they appear in this thread. I'm sorry about that. You can see the first two, though can't you?

Try and see if you copy the address, and then open a new window and paste that address. Geocities doesn't host files, so you can't just link them.

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by kevlightyear
You can see the first two, though can't you?
Try and see if you copy the address, and then open a new window and paste that address.

Hey KEV! :wave:

The first two pics are there.....and your suggestion worked for the rest of them! I just checked them out this morning!!!

The pics came out GREAT! Nice Job!

Glad it was a good trip for you! I'm getting all psyched for my trip in two weeks!

Thanks again for posting them!!!

:sohappy:

kevlightyear

Original Poster
Ok, I've changed the Mission:Space pictures and the Philharmagic pictures. For some reason they're appearing as links, but they're working on my computer. Let me know if the links are working for you guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom