June 10-16 Trip Report--Much Info!

Well I'm back from a week in paradise! I'll be using this thread to give detailed information about my trip, analysis of "new" things I experienced, as well as pictures. Some of those things include Mission:Space, the new HISTA preshow, the changed China movie, and Star Wars Weekend.

Overall, let me just say this trip, blew all others away. I had such a great time. We'll start with Day one: June 10. First I should say we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Oh my gosh, from the second I walked in I was in awe. This resort is simply beautiful! Architecturally, culturally, and artistically, it's just amazing! The lobby itself could keep me entertained for a couple hours. We arrived around 11:00, and after checking out our room, we headed down to The Mara for lunch. This story just goes to show you how great Disney is with customer satisfaction. They somehow lost our order, and after waiting only fifteen minutes (which didn't seem that long to me, but did to my family), my dad asked one of the cm's and got everything straightened out. Because they lost our order, they gave each of us a free dessert! With six people, it ended up being about twenty dollars they spent on us, and when we returned to our table, there was our food, nice and hot. Thank you, Disney!

After lunch, my parents went to Animal Kingdom ( I hear it wasn't very crowded), and my brother and sisters and I just explored the resort. How beautiful! I am still amazed by it.

That night was e-ride night at MK, so we decided to take advantage of that. I really recommend this. It gives you a chance to ride those rides that you know you would have to wait a while for on other days. Most rides were less than ten minute waits if not walk-on.

Well there's day one, I'll be back for more. . .day two was Epcot (and Mission:Space), so stay tuned.

ADStang

Sci-Fi qualify for Fantasmic Dinner Pkg?

Kev -
Do you know if Sci-Fi qualifies for the Fantasmic Dinner Pkg? Can I call 407-WDINE to find out and at it to my PS - or do you have to do it the day of?

Thanks

ADStang

Fantasmic Dinner Pkg Restaurants

Just answered my own question by dialing 407-wdwdine. The Sci Fi does not qualify - only Brown Derby, Hollywood & Vine, and one other. I switched the PS over to Hollywood & Vine, sounds like a good package and the buffet should be a hit.

Thanks for the trip report.

kevlightyear

Original Poster
I think the other restaurant is Mama Melrose's. I'm actually surprised Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time aren't in that deal. I guess I never really thought about though--we usually hit those up at lunch. You'll really enjoy Hollywood and Vine-- I still say it's one of the best values at the parks. Have a good trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom