Junction Point Studios - Closed

DocMcHulk

Original Poster
After the bad reviews of Epic Mickey and the failure of Epic Mickey 2, Disney has shut-down Junction Point Studios.
This via InsideTheMagic

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You kind of had to see this coming. Epic Mickey did ok for a single platform game but Epic 2 did not make half of Epic 1's numbers when you combine all 4 platforms it was released on.

lazyboy97o

Not surprised. Disney's strategy regarding video games (constant acquisition and dismantling) is why there should be concern regarding the purchases Disney has made in other media. They keep trying to buy their way in and faltering. What happens when some of these other purchases start to underperform (which isn't always that bad according to Disney)?

Genie of the Lamp

I imagine folks over at Disney Interactive Studios are now at least somewhat concerned about the sales/revenue/profit for the new Disney Infinity game.

DocMcHulk

Original Poster
I imagine folks over at Disney Interactive Studios are now at least somewhat concerned about the sales/revenue/profit for the new Disney Infinity game.
I wsant expecting to like Disney Infinity, but I watched the presentation they gave to the press... I am intrigued.

muteki

Huh, I was thinking of getting these games. Were they really that bad?

I have only played the first but in the grand scheme of things it was mediocre. It is a neat experience for fans of the subject matter but other than that it isn't going to win any awards. I'm sure Disney's expectations for this were CoD-levels of astronomical, and just going off my opinion of the first one, I don't think that goal was realistic.

Joseph Robinson

I have only played the first but in the grand scheme of things it was mediocre. It is a neat experience for fans of the subject matter but other than that it isn't going to win any awards. I'm sure Disney's expectations for this were CoD-levels of astronomical, and just going off my opinion of the first one, I don't think that goal was realistic.

That'll probably still work for me then, since the story/content behind the game was the main draw for me anyways. I'll leave CoD-style gaming to their niche. I just want a nice simple experience without 13 year olds screaming at me lol.

J.E.Smith

That's a bit disappointing. Even though the Epic Mickey games weren't perfect I enjoyed them and all the park nods. I have to admit though Epic Mickey 2's main story mode was a bit short compared to the first game.

SirLink

It took Nintendo to correct the issues for the Japanese release of the first game, and don't bill your game as a Mario Killer when all it is - is the worst part of an MMO the dreaded "fetch quest"...

djlaosc

Well, considering Epic Mickey was supposed to be a trilogy (or at least that is what they wanted to do) , this is disappointing news...

dhall

Huh, I was thinking of getting these games. Were they really that bad?

I played the first one after getting it at BestBuy for $20. At that price point, I was pretty happy with it. The biggest issues that I remember from the reviews were that the camera was wonky and the travel sequences were repetitive. Both criticisms are true, but not so bad as to break the game or anything. It's pretty much a lesser Zelda clone in a lot of ways, but for a disney theme park fan, it's certainly worth $20 & 30-40 hrs of playtime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom