July

stockport19656

Original Poster
July (or August)

We are planning to go to Disney in July 2012. My stepdaughter is 15 so we cannot take her out of school.
Is July really a bad time to go. I am thinking of the heat and the queues. I know it will be busy. I have been at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

kmac77

I always joke that there's nothing hotter than the Animal Kingdom in August! LOL. What's important to keep in mind is that all the parks will be busy, but if you have a game plan, stick with the fast passes for all the big attractions, and us EMH's as much as possible, and you'll see everything no problem. We have small children, so we stay away from the parks at peak heat time (about 1-3 p.m.), and go back to the hotel to swim and sleep. When we use the morning EMH at MK, we can usually do all of Fantasyland and Adventureland, as well as get Fastpasses for Space Mountain and Splash Mountain, which is the bulk of the park. What I always tell people is if you're going to do the parks all day is pick the hottest time of day to do Pirates of the Caribbean, as the queue is indoors, and cool. Hope this helps a little.

KPM

nepalostparks

If you have gone the week between Christmas and New Years, then you should be able to handle the crowds of July. The parks will be busy, but not to the point of the holiday week crowds of Christmas.

It will most certainly be warmer, so you will have to deal with that. Of course, there are plenty of indoor attractions and shops to help keep you cool!

Overall, make sure you plan out your day, and try to get to the parks for opening and see the bigger attractions before the park fills up. If you are staying on site, consider visiting the park with Extra Magic Hours until around lunch time, then take a break back at your resort or hop to a different park to finish out the day as the crowds become larger.

Disney is certainly doable in July, you just have to be reasonable with your expectations and plan accordingly. Have a great trip!

Pick145

The one thing that you will face quite a bit are foreign teens in tour groups, they love to sing and chant by the way...

DrummerAlly

As a school teacher, we're stuck with the summer months or the crazy-crowd-holidays as well. July is our favorite month - the weather is just as warm as it is in May-Early September. The crowds are really not that bad at all. Enjoy it!

ob1thx1138

Our first trip was in July, but we planned ahead, Arrived at the park before rope drop, used a touring plan and took a break back at the resort in the middle of the day. We had a blast and would not think twice about going in July again. Oh and we were there for the 4th. We loved it.

real mad hatter

Julys Ok

Well we have been four times,all in July,and yes I suppose it is busy,tip number one,get up early and enjoy those EMH.and I suppose it is hot,tip number two,buy yourselfs cooling bandanas.Oh and enjoy,were heading back this year,in July.:wave:

stockport19656

Original Poster
Me again!

Flight prices are slightly cheaper at end of August, I am guessing that this would be busier than end of July? and even hotter?

nepalostparks

Me again!

Flight prices are slightly cheaper at end of August, I am guessing that this would be busier than end of July? and even hotter?

Heat-wise I think will be similar, but the end of August will generally have lower crowds than July because many schools in the South start opening back up in mid-August. Disney's Value Season actually begins in mid-August, which means lower room rates and the possibility of bigger discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom