July weather vs. central NC? Same?

6laurac

We are going on an Disney extended trip in July. I’m from NC and it’s in the 90’s here than too. Is the weather really any different in Orlando than central NC? We are all looking forward to the parks, swimming and me running early. I know it’ll be crowded which is why we are staying longer.

We have been in May, October and January but never the summer. So excited just booked today.

Stellajack

Premium Member
We are going on an Disney extended trip in July. I’m from NC and it’s in the 90’s here than too. Is the weather really any different in Orlando than central NC? We are all looking forward to the parks, swimming and me running early. I know it’ll be crowded which is why we are staying longer.

We have been in May, October and January but never the summer. So excited just booked today.
I also live in "central NC-an area just southeast of Raleigh. Trust me, the heat/humidity in Orlando IS DEFINITELY worse. Think tropics!!!
Our first trip was the last weekend in July 1998. NEVER again! I do remember, however, an October trip that was almost as miserable.

Upvote 0

chriskbrown

I also live in "central NC-an area just southeast of Raleigh. Trust me, the heat/humidity in Orlando IS DEFINITELY worse. Think tropics!!!
Our first trip was the last weekend in July 1998. NEVER again! I do remember, however, an October trip that was almost as miserable.
We went in mid-October in 2018 and it was simply oppressive. Great to be at a waterpark but just incredibly hot. Not the first time October has been that way

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

We're from Columbia, SC. I don't find it any worse in Orlando that I do in Columbia. We often went in the summer because of the boys' school schedule. The thunderstorms are more regular in Orlando. We have always taken a mid-day break and gone back late afternoon. Do often change at least shirts before doing that. But I really don't see much difference in Orlando and the central Carolinas.

Upvote 0

chriskbrown

We're from Columbia, SC. I don't find it any worse in Orlando that I do in Columbia. We often went in the summer because of the boys' school schedule. The thunderstorms are more regular in Orlando. We have always taken a mid-day break and gone back late afternoon. Do often change at least shirts before doing that. But I really don't see much difference in Orlando and the central Carolinas.
Well Columbia is the 2nd level of hell. Seriously it is often 5 to 7 degrees warmer in Columbia than Charlotte - only 90 minutes away.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's really not. I don't get this forums' obsession with calling the Florida heat "oppressive", are y'all really that weak? If the heat is too much to bear, vacation where it's not hot. 🤷‍♂️

...it gets hot everywhere in the summer...everywhere.

The consistency of the humidity is what’s different in Florida as compared to most other parts of the country. It’s not a theory...it’s a fact.

Upvote 0

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No
...it gets hot everywhere in the summer...everywhere.

The consistency of the humidity is what’s different in Florida as compared to most other parts of the country. It’s not a theory...it’s a fact.
Except it is not a fact. The humidity across the south is no worse in Florida than it is in North Carolina. Nice try, though, sweetheart.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
It's really not. I don't get this forums' obsession with calling the Florida heat "oppressive", are y'all really that weak? If the heat is too much to bear, vacation where it's not hot. 🤷‍♂️
We'll continue going as long as we are interested , but not in July unless it is for a special event at WDW. It's not as though we have never been multiple times to WDW OR to places other than Florida. No one has trashed Orlando, just stating our personal experiences with the heat at WDW, which is what this forum allows.

Upvote 0

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No
Ask the Noridiques what the difference between an average mid summer 105 heat index and an average 114 heat index feels like?

It’s not 1:1 in difference.

Au Revoir, mon ami ❤️
We are not comparing the climate of a province in Canada, we are comparing the climate of two states that are only about 500 miles apart; the difference is not as dramatic as so many here falsely claim.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The humidity is worse in North Carolina than Florida and that is a fact. Have a great night, pal.

Oh boy...I love your yoda-like certainty. What a hoot!

Attachments

• 9F0B09A3-37AD-4492-8292-62C001E3B680.png
    9F0B09A3-37AD-4492-8292-62C001E3B680.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I beg to differ. Vacationed in both states and FL by a long shot.

I’m not claiming Florida is the hottest spot on the planet...

For two months a year...Hilton head is hell. Parts of Texas are smoldering...and the gulf coast from Louisiana to the Florida panhandle are brutal as well.

I hear the Amazon basin, northern Australia and sub Saharan Africa can get warm too...

But this “argument” is DOA...and it’s over.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom