July vs. August

MattyMitch

Hi all,

We are looking to go to Orlando in the summer time of 2018. We have looked up the pros and cons but need to know if anybody has personal experience.
We know in July flights are cheaper from Manchester but the parks are ridiculously busy (We went in July once and had to buy fast passes/express passes for everywhere). We have now looked at August (from August 12th and onward), judging by crowd calendars the parks are a lot quieter but flights are slightly more expensive, although we will not need express passes.

Could anyone share their opinion to help us?

Thanks.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
It will be miserably hot both months.
I had a friend that went in July and he never experienced heat that bad. He loved the vacation, it was "Magical" but temps were excessive.

I echo the sentiments of what other's posted - Late August may be better crowd wise, though the temps will still be bad. I was thinking of an August trip once, but realized that it would not really be that much fun for my kids as they melted under the FLA summer sun.

Upvote 0

MattyMitch

Original Poster
I had a friend that went in July and he never experienced heat that bad. He loved the vacation, it was "Magical" but temps were excessive.

I echo the sentiments of what other's posted - Late August may be better crowd wise, though the temps will still be bad. I was thinking of an August trip once, but realized that it would not really be that much fun for my kids as they melted under the FLA summer sun.

We aren't bothered by the weather at all. Yes it was hot when we went in July 2015 but we didn't mind. We are more bothered about the queues, which will hopefully be shorter.

Upvote 0

MattyMitch

Original Poster
We have booked premium flights for August next year. Been looking at live wait times on a website and seems to be so much lower than what we had in July.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Yeah and if we need Fast Passes anyway they are cheaper as well but I doubt we will need them
Are you thinking Universal? You buy the passes there. Not Disney. I know you've been corrected on this a few times but I think you still are confusing parks.

I'm with the go whenever cheaper and good for you though crowd. Summers have gone down in crowd levels - park times have reflected this as well. It will be hot and humid during both months. It will rain probably daily in both months. Both are peak hurricane seasons as well so one really isn't better than the other IMO.

Upvote 0

MattyMitch

Original Poster
Are you thinking Universal? You buy the passes there. Not Disney. I know you've been corrected on this a few times but I think you still are confusing parks.

I'm with the go whenever cheaper and good for you though crowd. Summers have gone down in crowd levels - park times have reflected this as well. It will be hot and humid during both months. It will rain probably daily in both months. Both are peak hurricane seasons as well so one really isn't better than the other IMO.
I've been 7 or so times. I just call express passes fast passes. I'm aware of the whole My Disney experience ect.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

The temperatures aren't that bad if you manage your time wisely. We were just there and the only time we felt it was unbearable was during Festival of Fantasy. But that was really the only time we were standing still without shade or air conditioning.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom