July trip

inside-out

Original Poster
I've got a trip planned arriving July 3. I'm saying they are open. Do you think a mask would be voluntary then? They are allowing full refunds up to 7 days out. Mandatory masks will be deal breaker for me. We were there in mid February and I know it was floating around then.

Katelynbird

The beginning of July I am almost 100% sure that masks will be mandatory at the parks. I would cancel if that is a deal breaker for you.

JIMINYCR

July just seems too soon for the easing off of mask requirements. If I was a gambling man I'd put my entire cache of chips on masks still being mandatory. Disneys going to be very very cautious and will do more than they have to to ensure guest and staff safety. If it is a deal breaker for you then start getting used to having no trip soon.

Kamikaze

Remember that with visitors from all over the world, it doesn't matter how the situation right in Central Florida (or Anaheim) is. They need to be cognizant of the situations the guests are coming from as well. Logically, this means the mask requirement will be in place at the parks even longer than it is in 'normal' society.

DisneyJoe

I've got a trip planned arriving July 3. I'm saying they are open. Do you think a mask would be voluntary then? They are allowing full refunds up to 7 days out. Mandatory masks will be deal breaker for me. We were there in mid February and I know it was floating around then.
Just in case you didn't see it, Disney started sending emails today to those with reservations June 7-13 telling them to cancel or modify their reservations. They have been sending the email every Thursday morning now for the last few weeks.

JohnD

I wouldn't cancel but I wouldn't plan on your trip happening either. You'll know you're not going when Disney cancels your FPs and ADRs for you. Don't worry, you'll get the refund for your deposit unless you reschedule for later. (Let them cancel for you. Not likely but you would feel horrible if you cancelled first but then found out they would be open!) But I don't think with Independence Day getting closer, they'll reopen before that holiday. July 5 at the earliest but could be later.

If masks are mandatory at DS, they'll be mandatory in the parks.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Mask with most assuredly be mandatory in the beginning of July and for a long time after that I imagine. I sounds to me your best bet would be to cancel and get your money refunded because from your post it sounds like if you have to wear a mask you are not going to enjoy your vacation.

Gillyanne

IM already trying to incorporate a mask into a MNSSHP costume if that is still a go for august. I figure it will be maskville well into 2021

Me too, I actually even got a mask that's like the bottom half of Figment's face to wear with my regular Figment Disneybound outfit. Not sure what I'm going to wear for MNSSHP yet but the kids are going as Rey and BB8. While I haven't found the bottom face design ones for those characters, I did find one that is the silhouette of them walking and am thinking of getting them for the kids so they still kinda match the costumes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom