July 19th, 2006 Walt Disney World Update

Gucci65

ClemsonTigger said:
You can't pay enough for someone to feel that way about the World. One could ask how much Universal pays some of the posters here too, but that would be equally inappropriate.

I have been going to WDW regularly since 1971, and while I've seen attractions come and go, seen Epcot from the beginning, MGM and AK too. I have to say the only thing that has really changed for the worse during that time are the guests. Behavior, wanton destruction of property, and expecting to have everything handed to them because they spent a few dollars. THAT is what's gone downhill!

I feel the same way you do. I've been going to WDW since 1973 and still get goosebumps when I walk thru the gate.

Nothing has been able to destroy the absolute giddyness (sp?) I get when visiting the parks. I am in my favorite place and all is right with the world. I know that sounds corny, but that is really how I feel.:sohappy:

Enderikari

ClemsonTigger said:
You can't pay enough for someone to feel that way about the World. One could ask how much Universal pays some of the posters here too, but that would be equally inappropriate.

I have been going to WDW regularly since 1971, and while I've seen attractions come and go, seen Epcot from the beginning, MGM and AK too. I have to say the only thing that has really changed for the worse during that time are the guests. Behavior, wanton destruction of property, and expecting to have everything handed to them because they spent a few dollars. THAT is what's gone downhill!

Completely and whole-heartedly agree...
Some guests have no respect for the Fantasy world they are in.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
NemoRocks said:
As I already mentioned, there was NO ONE behind me. The family was taking way too long getting their tickets out, which they should've done either before coming to the security table or after they had gone through it. When the 'Guests Without Bags' line is not running, I'm always able to walk by the people waiting to have their bags checked without any problems since I rarely have a bag, but I was unable to because they were crowded around the whole area. The guard should not have reacted in the way he did, especially since the family was still there and they had small children.

You're acting like a jerk.

You got in trouble, for jumping over a barrier at a security checkpoint, and you're mad because someone yelled at you for it.

Why? Because you couldn't wait 5 seconds for some people to fold things back up? Or worse.. what about "Excuse me.. can I get by?"

If you were at an airport you'd of been tackled, tied-down, swabbed, strip searched and probed.

You acted like a jerk and you deserved what you got.

dxwwf3

I hate that you had a bad experience NemoRocks. It probably would be a good idea to take a little while off. You can overdo anything and I think that going to Disneyland this summer instead of WDW will be just what the doctor ordered.
I'll miss your photo updates for a while, but I know you'll be back.

BTW, if you ever want to read an UNBIASED and factual description of the crowds and reactions to SGE, just click this link here. You're not far off at all James.

And while I do agree with many of your points NemoRocks, I also think that Universal is in MUCH worse shape than Disney right now. They truly have let IOA become run down. There are cheap, tacky stands all over the park now instead of just at Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent. The place just doesn't feel like a high quality theme park anymore. The whole place could use some TLC and some new major attractions, IMO. And while I do think that USF has improved over the years, I am still waiting for Jaws and Earthquake to be updated or replaced. ROTM and MIB were steps in the right direction, but I'm still waiting for them to knock one out of the park Spider Man-style.

For me, I think Disney is on the up again. After seeing things like Soarin' and the new POTC enhancements, the future looks bright. Expedition Everest is better than anything Universal has done since Spider Man, IMO. And there looks to be no shortage of exciting things coming our way. Nemo actually looks like it will get GOOD attractions and the theater show sounds like something completely different and unique. I hope that you'll be back to see them.

Enderikari

dxwwf3 said:
IBTW, if you ever want to read an UNBIASED and factual description of the crowds and reactions to SGE, just click this link here. You're not far off at all James.

For the last and final time, no matter what you, or your friends, or your relations say... Stitch's Great Escape has a primarily positive guest satisfaction rating. And far, far less direct complaints about the attraction than AE.

dxwwf3

I think it's pretty safe to say that mousermerf knows as much about wait times as any of us. Don't forget that you are just as biased as AE fans are in the complete opposite way.

And for the last and final time, people are more likely to complain about something that scares their kids instead of something that just sucks. I get it. Not everyone hates SGE and I'm sure that most guests don't think it is the worst thing since molded sliced bread. I would be willing to bet AE had a primarily positive guest satisfaction rating as well. Not everyone that went into the attraction brought out a crying child.

EDIT: I made a mistake about the Unofficial Guide's ratings for SGE. They will be out in the 2007 Edition. For the 2006 edition they said "Guest response to this attraction is so overwhelmingly negative....". I remembered that line and forgot that they haven't actually had a real rating out yet. I apologize.

Enderikari

dxwwf3 said:
I think it's pretty safe to say that mousermerf knows as much about wait times as any of us. Don't forget that you are just as biased as AE fans are in the complete opposite way.
Not really. I have had my two rides on SGE, and have no need to ride it again... I don't dig the ride, I much prefer the TTA. I really liked Alien Encounter, and am sad to see it go (for my own personal reasons). But, facts are on the side of SGE... Anyone who says that guest reaction is predominantly negative is wrong, not because of any bias, but because of real numbers

dxwwf3

Enderikari said:
Not really. I have had my two rides on SGE, and have no need to ride it again... I don't dig the ride, I much prefer the TTA. I really liked Alien Encounter, and am sad to see it go (for my own personal reasons).

I would have never guessed that from reading previous posts. You have dissed AE on various threads and always seem to come ot any thread bashing SGE and talk about it like it is your favorite thing in the MK.

Enderikari said:
But, facts are on the side of SGE... Anyone who says that guest reaction is predominantly negative is wrong, not because of any bias, but because of real numbers

Well I'm sure the Unofficial Guide did quite of bit of their own research when they made that statement. They are a very well trusted source of WDW info and haven't been known to blurt out false info. You can disagree with opinions found in the book all day long (I personally think they are WAY too hard WDW dining, for example), but they didn't pull that quote from out of nowhere. We'll see what they have to say in the 2007 Edition after they have surveyed a lot of different people in various age groups. The reaction might be very positive.

I personally would think that you are right and guest reaction isn't predominantly negative for the attraction, but I'd say that when you hear about Stitch merchandise not selling well at the moment (not from rumor sites, but from CM's and others in the know around here), you would think that something is up.

Enderikari

dxwwf3 said:
I would have never guessed that from reading previous posts. You have dissed AE on various threads and always seem to come ot any thread bashing SGE and talk about it like it is your favorite thing in the MK.

What can I say? I enjoy being contrary and I love a good fight for the underdog

Well I'm sure the Unofficial Guide did quite of bit of their own research when they made that statement. They are a very well trusted source of WDW info and haven't been known to blurt out false info. You can disagree with opinions found in the book all day long (I personally think they are WAY too hard WDW dining, for example), but they didn't pull that quote from out of nowhere. We'll see what they have to say in the 2007 Edition after they have surveyed a lot of different people in various age groups. The reaction might be very positive.
Most of their "research" is done on the internet, or by folks just walking around the park... Unofficial in this circumstance means they have NO access to real data collected by Disney

I personally would think that you are right and guest reaction isn't predominantly negative for the attraction, but I'd say that when you hear about Stitch merchandise not selling well at the moment (not from rumor sites, but from CM's and others in the know around here), you would think that something is up.

True, Stitch mania in merchandise has calmed down... That I will definately agree with.

dxwwf3

Enderikari said:
What can I say? I enjoy being contrary and I love a good fight for the underdog

Yeah, but when it isn't actually how you feel........that is just really weird :lol:

Enderikari said:
Most of their "research" is done on the internet, or by folks just walking around the park... Unofficial in this circumstance means they have NO access to real data collected by Disney

Well what better way to get a gauge on the average wait times and guest reactions to attractions? If you had someone in the parks most of the time keeping tabs on these things, how is it that much different from the Disney data? I'll have to plead ignorance on this one because I'm not 100% sure how the "real data" is collected. I know people are surveyed at the parks and we've actually been part of the surveys before, we got a millennium celebration clock for our time. But unless there is some CM keeping tabs on guest reactions coming out of an attraction, I don't see how they are any more accurate than the Unofficial Guide's star numbers.

Enderikari said:
True, Stitch mania in merchandise has calmed down... That I will definately agree with.

So what do you think the reasoning for that is?

Tim G

Enderikari said:
For the last and final time, no matter what you, or your friends, or your relations say... Stitch's Great Escape has a primarily positive guest satisfaction rating. And far, far less direct complaints about the attraction than AE.
Don't care for it much, SGE that is...

But you're absolutely right...

Shiloh

<<I went to Universal Orlando yesterday and found the complete opposite. I was greeted by security with a "Hello, have a nice day." Employees were friendly as always and even chatted >>
Universal does not have near the attendance that the MK does,and you know this. Thus, employees at UO have the extra time to chat, etc since they arent busy dealing with the hoardes of guests that crowd the MK on a daily basis.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
mousermerf said:
You're acting like a jerk.

You got in trouble, for jumping over a barrier at a security checkpoint, and you're mad because someone yelled at you for it.

Why? Because you couldn't wait 5 seconds for some people to fold things back up? Or worse.. what about "Excuse me.. can I get by?"

If you were at an airport you'd of been tackled, tied-down, swabbed, strip searched and probed.

You acted like a jerk and you deserved what you got.
Oh man, a chain is such a barrier. :rolleyes: I could've walked a few steps more and have walked right around the whole thing. The CM at the turnstile was just standing there waiting for these people to go through, if it was a huge deal then they would've told me to go back and wait.

Who came up with the bright idea of having the tables right in front of the turnstiles anyway? It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. If they're going to have them like that then they need a PERMANENT line for guests without bags.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Enderikari said:

where does this satisfaction rating come from? it is highly inaccurate. crap is crap no matter which way you slice it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom