July 19th, 2006 Walt Disney World Update

BrutusNL

We are leaving for WDW in 3 weeks :sohappy: and watched your photo's of the closures/cancellations in some sort of horror (don't know the right wording). Was the weather that bad, that they had to close and cancel so many attractions? And did they run at any time, so there was at least some chance of riding them? Hope the weather will be fine when we get there in August and we don't have too many closed attractions, since we are travelling all the way from Europe.

lawyergirl77

I'm in WDW right now, and I didn't see many closures at all. The only thing that was closed yesterday (apart from TT during the inevitable rain - it reopened within 30 minutes of the end of the storm) was Everest... :cry: Still haven't gotten the chance to go on it!!!

Gucci65

Thanks for the great pics!!

Now I have to ask, what has WDW done that has made you so upset that you are taking a break?

Enderikari

Photo Taking Know It All said:
And we'll end this update with a photo of the new MK park map. BTW, this is going to be my last update for quite some time, I'm taking a long WDW break because I'm getting sick and tired of the way some things are handled there. Hope you all enjoyed! – 118 views

Yay!

Let me explain something to you, Walt Disney World isn't changing... its becoming familiar to you... And as they say, familiarity breeds contempt. You have no reason to be sick and tired of the way things are being handled there, you just want to follow the crowd and be frustrated with Disney because you have no clue how the place runs. The best thing for you would to be to take a long Disney break, maybe go a year without getting an annual pass, not come at all, get out and use your camera for purposes of taking astonishing pictures, not to get the attention and applause of miscreants who want to punish Disney for not electing them to the board. Seriously, take a year off, don't go to Disney at all... No where on Disney Property. No Downtown Disney, no water parks, not even the Wide World of Sports. If you find yourself losing the magic (and it is YOU losing the magic, not Disney) give yourself a long time to recharge.

Its going to be hard, I know you want the attention, I know you want to post silly things like
It's absolutely ridiculous to see the tram lines this long. They should have enough trams running so that one could be ready to start loading after the one at the loading station leaves.
But, what you don't know is that Disney has every tram possible prepared to load at park closing... Now there may be some trams delayed due to guests with disabilities parked in the first two rows, or guests refusing to fold their strollers, or just generally not following safety guidelines. That will slow down entrance and exit into the trams, thus causing a back-up... Also consider that tens of thousands of guests are all leaving at the same time, and Disney efficiently gets them back to their cars with usually less than a ten minutes wait at the tram... Get off your high horse and see that you are travelling along the low road.

And furthermore, about you Stitch picture... I want to see your spaceship Earth picture half an hour before the park closes... Come in the morning, or afternoon, take a picture of it then... Averaging 20 minutes during the day is more than Pirates did pre-refurb. Haunted Mansion, just before park close? Still a walk-on. Stop following the throngs of people who don't like Stitch and are calling for it to close, because their biased view of the attraction is causing them to project their vehement desires onto the attractions wait times, which is simply false... Stitch is a well-visited attraction, and according to exit surveys is enjoyed by a majority of the guests who ride it. Of course, the majority of the guests who ride it aren't annual passholders who go everyday to the point of nauseum and want attention about it on the internet.

Murtieeee

lawyergirl77 said:
I'm in WDW right now, and I didn't see many closures at all. The only thing that was closed yesterday (apart from TT during the inevitable rain - it reopened within 30 minutes of the end of the storm) was Everest... :cry: Still haven't gotten the chance to go on it!!!

Thank you

metscool

zeroFantasy said:
60 and 140 ;)
That is way too long. I would have got a Fastpass for that wait. If they were still giving them out. If not I would say lets go before Reflection of Earth goes off.

hokielutz

Nemo,

Thanks for the latest and greatest pictures of the parks.

I'm sorry that it seems you lost a little bit of that magic feeling with Disney recently. The one thing that I am sure you realize is that Disney is servicing more people in each of the four parks than they have ever done in the past. So lines are longer and more guests stay till close than ever before. But one thing that you can't argue with is they move people faster and more efficiently than any venue can.
Pro sports venues usually take 4 times longer to get people out of their paking lots and onto open roads. NFL venues that are sold out... usually take 30 minutes to 90 minutes to get out of a parking lot.

TowerOfTerror

Epcot wait board terrorist ! :lol:
You'll be back to the world when one of the Nemo attractions open up !
There is always one guy who enjoys reading your trip reports not matter where they are from ! :wave:

polarboi

Enderikari said:
Let me explain something to you, Walt Disney World isn't changing... its becoming familiar to you... And as they say, familiarity breeds contempt. [...] If you find yourself losing the magic (and it is YOU losing the magic, not Disney) give yourself a long time to recharge. [...] Also consider that tens of thousands of guests are all leaving at the same time, and Disney efficiently gets them back to their cars with usually less than a ten minutes wait at the tram...

:sohappy:

I think I love you... :eek:

-p.b. :cool:

SpenceMan01

Enderikari said:
Stitch is a well-visited attraction, and according to exit surveys is enjoyed by a majority of the guests who ride it.

I was with you up until here. While I don't think it's as bad as many would make it out to be, I can't believe a majority of guests are thoroughly enjoying it as much as, say, Splash Mountain or Winnie the Pooh. Lets not fool ourselves. Good post otherwise.

LeeLee D

"Let me explain something to you, Walt Disney World isn't changing... its becoming familiar to you... And as they say, familiarity breeds contempt...."

Thanks for saying everything I wanted to.

I have been going to WDW for 30 yrs and most the happy memories from childhood took place there. I am now and AP holder and never get tired of the magic. I think considering the volume of guests, Disney does a great job of keeping things moving. As for the weather? It's Florida...in the summer...what do you expect?

Epcot82Guy

I have to agree that Disney is doing just as well if not a better job of handling guest flow overall. While I don't agree with many of the creative approaches, particularly to attractions, the overall design of crowds is still top notch. I know full well I waited just as long as a child for a tram as I did when I was there more recently. The guest capacity is growing, and that takes a lot more employees (I will leave training alone for purposes of this discussion, but I will say LOGISTICS are still good) and infrastructure.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
Enderikari said:
Originally Posted by Photo Taking Know It All
Wow, you're the "nice CM" who's supposed to bring the magic to millions of guests? :rolleyes:
You have no reason to be sick and tired of the way things are being handled there, you just want to follow the crowd and be frustrated with Disney because you have no clue how the place runs.
Follow the crowd? :confused: I can sure as hell see how badly things are run through my own eyes, thank you very much.
get out and use your camera for purposes of taking astonishing pictures, not to get the attention and applause of miscreants who want to punish Disney for not electing them to the board.
:rolleyes: This is a NEWS & RUMORS website, sir, and photos of what is happening in the parks is what is supposed to be shown here. If there was no need or want for them, neither I or anyone else would do updates.
If you find yourself losing the magic
It's not me losing the magic, it's Disney, and there are quite a few folks out there who would agree.

But, what you don't know is that Disney has every tram possible prepared to load at park closing
Then where the hell are these trams?

That will slow down entrance and exit into the trams, thus causing a back-up...
Sure there may be some things slowing down loading, but when that tram is finally loaded and ready to go, where is the tram that should be ready to board right behind it?
Also consider that tens of thousands of guests are all leaving at the same time, and Disney efficiently gets them back to their cars with usually less than a ten minutes wait at the tram
It's not just getting back to the cars (which also takes a long time), it's getting to the TTC....I've waited near 20 minutes before for a tram. That's just ridiculous.
I want to see your spaceship Earth picture half an hour before the park closes... Come in the morning, or afternoon, take a picture of it then... Averaging 20 minutes during the day is more than Pirates did pre-refurb. Haunted Mansion, just before park close? Still a walk-on.
SSE doesn't even have a line at 2pm, I know that. HM usually never has a line after 6-7pm, I know that as well. And I certainly know that SGE doesn't have the big waits it's supposed to. Not even running FP and still having that small of a wait for a near two-year-old attraction is just sad, AE was having longer waits this far into its run. That photo was taken at 8:45pm, two hours before park closing and it's happening while Space's line is out the door and Buzz is running with a 1/2 hour wait. I have seen it with barely a line much earlier in the day as well.
Stop following the throngs of people who don't like Stitch and are calling for it to close
I'm not "following" anyone....I'M JUST REPORTING WHAT I SAW. Is that such a crime?
Of course, the majority of the guests who ride it aren't annual passholders who go everyday to the point of nauseum and want attention about it on the internet.
:brick: :brick: :brick:

I went to Universal Orlando yesterday and found the complete opposite. I was greeted by security with a "Hello, have a nice day." Employees were friendly as always and even chatted with me at the end of a few lines (plus they all look like they're having a good time running the rides like at ROTM and Jaws). I didn't have to wait 20 minutes for a tram and it didn't take an hour to get into the park I desired to visit. Being a single rider, the SRL came in handy at a lot of attractions (of course it's something WDW has at only TWO attractions). Queues and walkways in general were kept quite clean, unlike the PhilarMagic queue and theater I encountered the night before (we were delayed getting into the theater by about 5-6 minutes because there was so much trash in the theater to be cleaned up). Those few hours I spent were extremely enjoyable after the crap I've put up with at WDW over the past few weeks. I've had a security guard yell at me for just trying to get to a turnstile because I didn't have a bag at Epcot, I've had a woman follow me after taking a photo of a wait times board, I've had to see a manager at MK pretty much yell at folks who were waiting for something to happen for the Pirates re-opening (telling them that she could care less if they waited, that they could stand there all day long and she "suggested" they go on the ride itself), I've witnessed a CM work his way through the MK pre-opening crowds using his CM badge (he was in street clothes --- not even working!), I've had to take an hour-long journey just to get back to my car at the TTC at night, and just a hell of a lot more stuff. I've been going to WDW nearly every month for 18 years and I'm absolutely tired of putting up with the ____ anymore.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
TowerOfTerror said:
Epcot wait board terrorist ! :lol:
You'll be back to the world when one of the Nemo attractions open up !
There is always one guy who enjoys reading your trip reports not matter where they are from ! :wave:
:lol: Thanks man. :wave:

A UO pictorial is coming soon, keep an eye out. I'm also looking into putting those OrlandoHQ plans back together.... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom