July 11, Opening

nickys

Premium Member
I looked into booking an Airbnb, in FL, for this current month, May, for a week or two but was told they were restricted to monthly rentals or you had to be part of medical personnel so I assume hotels were or are closed or restricted.
Timeshares were allowed to remain open. Whether any did or not I don’t know. Some are opening this weekend.
I don’t think hotels were ordered to shut either.

cmwade77

I looked into booking an Airbnb, in FL, for this current month, May, for a week or two but was told they were restricted to monthly rentals or you had to be part of medical personnel so I assume hotels were or are closed or restricted.
No, only "vacation rentals" and I think that did include timeshares that didn't have a regular hotel attached to them, but sure if that was true for Florida.

Personally, I am furious we don't have an opening date for the Grand Californian, as a local I would book a few nights there.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
No, only "vacation rentals" and I think that did include timeshares that didn't have a regular hotel attached to them, but sure if that was true for Florida.

Personally, I am furious we don't have an opening date for the Grand Californian, as a local I would book a few nights there.
Furious?? Pretty strong reaction for what is essentially a hotel. And yes, I’ve stayed DVC there.

cmwade77

Furious?? Pretty strong reaction for what is essentially a hotel. And yes, I’ve stayed DVC there.
Yes, I am, as I need to use some points and a staycation would be a great way to do so....lol

Would have been a great place to shelter in place for a few weeks....lol

Phonedave

I guess this point here is the one he is maybe trying to make? If they don't allow you to move a reservation during this prepark opening stage that would stink.

But they are allowing you to cancel. I just canceled my end of June reservation at Hilton Head, roughly 25 days out. Normally those points would go into holding, but they released them into gen pop and I was able to use them to immediately re-book a end of December stay at WDW.

If the OP was upset at there being a period where DVC is open but the parks are not, then just re-bok. Don't look at it as the parks are opening late, but that DVC is opening early.

nickys

Premium Member
I guess this point here is the one he is maybe trying to make? If they don't allow you to move a reservation during this prepark opening stage that would stink.

But you can still book a DVC stay, rebook, change your dates etc. No limitations (except for AKL Jambo House).

Disneygoof21

Thank you for at least telling us what you’re furious about 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom