Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Animaniac93-98

Opinions on this particular attraction aside, Bioreconstruct is great and I’m grateful that he does what he does.

He's at once a great archivist of construction progress, an invaluable source of information for the fan community and one of the best indirect marketers of the Disney, Universal etc product. I hope he's appreciated by all parties for what he does.

Weather_Lady

There needs to be a psychological term for what I'm feeling about the Moana walkthrough, which is similar to how I felt when New Fantasyland, Space 220, Ratatouille, MMRR, the Polynesian entrance/monorail station, and other projects got postponed or extended, or were finished but left to rot until some magical date that Disney wanted to debut them (always occurring just after my family visited).

When Disney does this stuff, I find that instead of getting excited about the project, I get so dismayed by the snail's pace of the work that I not only temper my excitement, but refuse to take any pleasure in the project at all, or even to follow its progress, for fear of additional disappointments with the inevitable news of additional delays or downgrades. Where the project was initially supposed to be finished or opened by my family's next trip, but isn't going to be, the disinterest actually turns to resentment and the feeling of being cheated.

For lack of a better term, I'll just call it Disney Anhedonia, and although on some level I want to keep up with what's going on, Torn-Up EPCOT: Journey Through My Forties (which is what Moana and the demolitions that preceded it have become, to me) is taking way more of a toll on my psyche than it should! ;)

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

There needs to be a psychological term for what I'm feeling about the Moana walkthrough, which is similar to how I felt when New Fantasyland, Space 220, Ratatouille, MMRR, the Polynesian entrance/monorail station, and other projects got postponed or extended, or were finished but left to rot until some magical date that Disney wanted to debut them (always occurring just after my family visited).

When Disney does this stuff, I find that instead of getting excited about the project, I get so dismayed by the snail's pace of the work that I not only temper my excitement, but refuse to take any pleasure in the project at all, or even to follow its progress, for fear of additional disappointments with the inevitable news of additional delays or downgrades. Where the project was initially supposed to be finished or opened by my family's next trip, but isn't going to be, the disinterest actually turns to resentment and the feeling of being cheated.

For lack of a better term, I'll just call it Disney Anhedonia, and although on some level I want to keep up with what's going on, Torn-Up EPCOT: Journey Through My Forties (which is what Moana and the demolitions that preceded it have become, to me) is taking way more of a toll on my psyche than it should! ;)
THATS IT! Disney Anhedonia. Putting a label on what I am feeling does indeed help. Thanks!

Epcot82Guy

This is really well stated. Thanks for sharing.

I also have an aspect of "committee" think that ties to it. Like the projects are designed in a vacuum and then put somewhere. Whe you add that expectation to the feelings you clearly articulated above, it really does describe modern Disney Parks.

MrPromey

Some decent photos of recent changes to the area:

I just want to know if this will be included in park admission and if not, will they be charging extra for novelty balls like, say, with Mickey and Minnie's face on them kind of like they do at Congo and Pirates Cove.

ppete1975

1675350322189.png

FigmentFan82

I know a lot of people are still like, "Why so much Moana?"
All I can say is as a dad of a young girl, Moana is on basically everything that has multiple princesses on it, and people here have many times given the data that the movie remains a top watched film on D+ etc.
Just like with Frozen, their going to find a way to put Moana in as many places as they can, because it appears that yes, she is actually that popular.
Of course when it comes to the various types of attractions they end up creating, YMMV.

jinx8402

I know a lot of people are still like, "Why so much Moana?"
All I can say is as a dad of a young girl, Moana is on basically everything that has multiple princesses on it, and people here have many times given the data that the movie remains a top watched film on D+ etc.
Just like with Frozen, their going to find a way to put Moana in as many places as they can, because it appears that yes, she is actually that popular.
Of course when it comes to the various types of attractions they end up creating, YMMV.

Exactly, This is why there is so much Moana. For something that came out in 2016, it is the #4 movie for streaming hours across all streaming platforms.

AndyMagic

I'm sure this has already been discussed but despite searching I haven't been able to find it. Do we have confirmation on how this "attraction" will be managed in terms of guest flow, queue, etc. Will it be a walk-through experience with one entrance and exit and a full queue ala the old Triceratops Encounter at IOA or will it truly just be open to guests to explore in any direction they choose?

FigmentFan82

I'm sure this has already been discussed but despite searching I haven't been able to find it. Do we have confirmation on how this "attraction" will be managed in terms of guest flow, queue, etc. Will it be a walk-through experience with one entrance and exit and a full queue ala the old Triceratops Encounter at IOA or will it truly just be open to guests to explore in any direction they choose?
Just a guess - maybe like Swiss Family Treehouse?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom