Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Disstevefan1

f92ba9aa-6fea-425b-a890-2fa745610c86_text.gif
I don’t know what this means, but the mounds of cement the designers chose as lamp post bases in World Malformation in EPCOT was a tripping hazard and they looked ugly.

It makes you wonder, did they run out of time and/or money and the cement mounds was just a cost cutting mistake?

Maybe a CFTOD inspection flagged it and made them fix it? LOL!

Whatever the reason, they are ending up spending even more money to correct it.

retr0gate

I don’t know what this means, but the mounds of cement the designers chose as lamp post bases in World Malformation in EPCOT was a tripping hazard and they looked ugly.

It makes you wonder, did they run out of time and/or money and the cement mounds was just a cost cutting mistake?

Maybe a CFTOD inspection flagged it and made them fix it? LOL!

Whatever the reason, they are ending up spending even more money to correct it.
I could be completely wrong here, but I find it hard to believe the mounds were an intentional part of the design. It seems far more likely that there was an issue with the grading and they decided to just leave it as is / improvise something during construction. I've worked on similar projects (albeit, not in theme parks) and what we draw does not always reflect what's actually built on site. You can usually expect to see a lot of small discrepancies like this, especially when it comes to site work like pavement, lighting fixtures, etc., usually because something was overlooked during installation, not the design process.

Bocabear

but then again, it should have been instantly corrected before people started tripping over them...Anyone can see it would be a problem... That is the biggest problem when we do installations...people tripping over our stuff as we are working...and even if they are beyond the barricades we installed, they will still blame us... So we have become hyper aware of this issue...I am shocked someone at Disney did not see this and flag it .... and come up with something for it... Tiny bench surround, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom