Journey into your imagination

marksniles

Original Poster
Does anyone know how they did the first scene where Dreamfinder and figment talk to you for a long time and you keep moving? Do you keep going around a circle and there must be more then one Dreamfinder and Figment right? How did they do they?

foxfire

I'll take a crack @ this one. I used to know, but I believe (correct me here if I'm off), that the panels that came out btwn. cars, as well as the background, kept moving in sync with the ride vehicle (similar to the end of Horizons). When the audio finished, each vehicle would move onto the DreamPort.

foxfire

Not sure if it was a circle or not...there are blueprints somewhere on the web...can't remember the site though. It was a comparison of the first & second versions of the ride.

marksniles

Original Poster
MAN! There's so much of the original pavilion being unused! Why they didn't use this space for the new ride is beyond me. Really what were those Imagineer's really thinking?

JEDI1138

Originally posted by marksniles
MAN! There's so much of the original pavilion being unused! Why they didn't use this space for the new ride is beyond me. Really what were those Imagineer's really thinking?

Grizzly's drawing is good and acurate for the original; however, he missed it on the remake. The whole main level is used, for que, ride and exit area (for lack of a better description of what it should have been). The load and unload area are what was the back side of the carousel before you entered the dreamport.

General Grizz

I didn't draw the original. :lol: But yes, there are all kinds of mistakes concerning the new version. In fact, I have three models right now, but you're right, Jedi.

Why did the JII remove the turntable? It was so massive it began to sink slightly and maintenence would always have to come in and change the track, altered by the turntable based on this rumor. It became so expensive that we got JII 2.0. :lol:

JEDI1138

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I didn't draw the original. :lol: But yes, there are all kinds of mistakes concerning the new version. In fact, I have three models right now, but you're right, Jedi.

Why did the JII remove the turntable? It was so massive it began to sink slightly and maintenence would always have to come in and change the track, altered by the turntable based on this rumor. It became so expensive that we got JII 2.0. :lol:

The carousel track, which was a railroad rail was replaced once early on in the attractions life due to improper maintenance or installation. it was a major undertaking after the attraction had been built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom