Journey Into Narnia: Creating The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

yodomino6

Original Poster
Hey, does anybody know where this attraction is going to be, the only place I can think of is the ABC building but I hear they're saving that for something else.

DizWhizKid

It's right next to One Man's Dream. They already have a display set up there.

The Studios' cast says it's gonna open up the day after the movie opens in theaters (Dec. 9).

Since1976

Oh, so there's an actual attraction opening there? That explains a lot.

I found it odd that the only NARNIA display at MGM Studios was a tree and cheesy backdrop you could pose against...

DisneyDrum

Mouse's Magic said:
how long will it be open for?

There's no closing date as of yet. It depends on how the movie does, but it'll probably be open for at least a few year(s). The Haunted Mansion exhibit was open for a year or so if I remember correctly(8 months), and hopefully Narnia will be a more successful movie.

And for Since1976 http://www.wdwmagic.com/disney.htm (second story)

episode

monorail_driver said:
So wait, is it an attraction, or is it just a walk-through like the Haunted Mansion sets?

Its a walk through.

BTW, please can you make your sig text smaller?

Also, on the subject of the backdrop, that is for characters to do meet and greets, not related to the walkthrough.

episode

DisneyDrum said:
There's no closing date as of yet. It depends on how the movie does, but it'll probably be open for at least a few years. The Haunted Mansion exhibit was open for a year or so if I remember correctly, and hopefully Narnia will be a more successful movie.

And for Since1976 http://www.wdwmagic.com/disney.htm (second story)

It won't be open for a few years. More like 6 months. Thats what HM was open for. Its just to create buzz for the movie. It will be open until around the DVD release, and thats about it.

Trufan

monorail_driver said:
So wait, is it an attraction, or is it just a walk-through like the Haunted Mansion sets?

Its a walk through.

DisneyDrum said:
There's no closing date as of yet. It depends on how the movie does, but it'll probably be open for at least a few years. The Haunted Mansion exhibit was open for a year or so if I remember correctly, and hopefully Narnia will be a more successful movie.

It won't be open for "years". It is simply to promote the movie, which means it will be open til about the time of the DVD release and thats about it.

Since1976 said:
I found it odd that the only NARNIA display at MGM Studios was a tree and cheesy backdrop you could pose against...

Thats for character meet and greets for the White Witch. Not really related to the attraction.

Yoop33

Seems kinda boring..... Couldn't they find something better to put there? I guess it is better then nothing though

GenieGirl

Trufan said:
Its a walk through.

Actually, it is a combination of both. People will be "herded" into an area for a pre-show in England, then through the Wardrobe where they will be greeted by the White Witch and see clips from the film, then they will walk into the area with the set pieces and costumes

It won't be open for "years". It is simply to promote the movie, which means it will be open til about the time of the DVD release and thats about it.

From what I have heard from people tied to the attraction, they are looking at keeping it open for 2 years.....

Thats for character meet and greets for the White Witch. Not really related to the attraction.
Actually, at this point in time the White Witch is not going to be doing meet and greets. I believe that is currently covering the attractions entrance.

vilegirl

I thought it was going to open on Friday 9 Dec? That's the last day of my vacation :)cry: ) and I was so excited when I heard. Does anyone know for sure when it opens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom