Journey Into Imagination Building

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Two things:

1) When you're on the monorail approaching the station (coming into the park),if you look on the left, you can see the Journey Into Imagination building. If you look carefully, you'll see a sign that says "Imageworks" (I thought "Imageworks" was now called the "What-If Labs"?)

2) "Imageworks" used to be upstairs in the glass pyramids. Since it's not there anymore, what's in the pyramids these days?

Creekboy25

I read in a post a few weeks ago that the upstairs is used as some sort of CM trainging area or something to that extent, but i am not absolutely sure.
Hope this helps.

General Grizz

The Imageworks is ALSO the What-If? Labs. Same thing.

Upstairs is used for conventions and CM training. They don't want to pay insurance.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse the GUESTS! :rolleyes:

bdhowell

Most of the attractions are still there (or were there when I was up there in 2001). Attractions like the rainbow tunnel, magical coloring book, and the old melody maker are still up there. It is sad but cool. :(

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
The Imageworks is ALSO the What-If? Labs. Same thing.

Upstairs is used for conventions and CM training. They don't want to pay insurance.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse the GUESTS! :rolleyes:

I thought there was an upstairs, but what happened to the escalator that provided a way to get up there? Does that still exist?

Interesting to know....

DisneyJill

Originally posted by bdhowell
Most of the attractions are still there (or were there when I was up there in 2001). Attractions like the rainbow tunnel, magical coloring book, and the old melody maker are still up there. It is sad but cool. :(

I never knew where that rainbow tunnel was!! Can any CM go up there?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
I thought there was an upstairs, but what happened to the escalator that provided a way to get up there? Does that still exist?

Interesting to know....

If you go to the gift shop at the end of the ride, you will see a staircase. That is the way upstairs.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
If you go to the gift shop at the end of the ride, you will see a staircase. That is the way upstairs.

Yep, I'm very familiar with the staircases. It's a shame they're blocked off ;)

raven

I was up there last year as a CM. It's pretty much the same. However I remember seeing the rainbow tunnel being used somewhere else during the Millennium Celebration. Maybe Millennium Village or innoventions. I couldn't remember.

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pixie Duster
sure, but then when that CM gets fired they'll be begging you for a job :zipit:

That's what I thought! It's not worth a CM's job to show me (or anyone for that matter) what's upstairs or what's behind the building or how things work. I'm sure all CM's sign "Non-Disclosure Contracts" saying that you promise for as long as you live (or at least, for as long as you work for WDW), you will not reveal any information to non-WDW employees or WDW's competition.

:lookaroun

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
That's what I thought! It's not worth a CM's job to show me (or anyone for that matter) what's upstairs or what's behind the building or how things work. I'm sure all CM's sign "Non-Disclosure Contracts" saying that you promise for as long as you live (or at least, for as long as you work for WDW), you will not reveal any information to non-WDW employees or WDW's competition.

:lookaroun

...and with that said... at 471 posts!!! I'm going to bed! Thanks for the discussions tonight!!!

:snore: :snore: :snore:

Raven, you may be thinking of the MRI display in Innoventions. It has the same feel as the rainbow tunnel. I am not sure if is the actual same device though.

DisneyJill

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
sure, but then when that CM gets fired they'll be begging you for a job :zipit:

Simmer down guys, bdhowell and I go to school together and he's a former CM and I'm a future (like, in less than 2 weeks) CM so he didn't mean that I as a civilian needed to shimmy up to a CM and befriend them so they would take me up to the 2nd floor of Imagination! :lol: I think he just meant if I was working there and I knew someone that worked at Imagination!

bdhowell

Originally posted by DisneyJill
Simmer down guys, bdhowell and I go to school together and he's a former CM and I'm a future (like, in less than 2 weeks) CM so he didn't mean that I as a civilian needed to shimmy up to a CM and befriend them so they would take me up to the 2nd floor of Imagination! :lol: I think he just meant if I was working there and I knew someone that worked at Imagination!

Thanks DisneyJill!

I was really starting to get my feelings hurt! :lol:

P.S. The cast member had management permission to take me up there. We stopped by their office (which is past the rainbow tunnel to say hi!). :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom