News Josh D’Amaro Invests in Cast Members

Squishy

Wow! Josh seems like a great guy! Can he replace Bob Chapek as the Parks Chairman?
1580777815974.png

Cesar R M

For the international program we had to pay everything. Flights to and from Orlando, Visas and upfront rent for Patterson Square apartment. Unless you were in a tipped position, after the $100 a week they were charging, we weren’t left with a lot
but..but.. YOU GOT YOUR MAGICAL EXPERIENCE!

That is worth millions! (for executives receiving compensation and efficiency bonuses)

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
WDW College Program is a good money maker for Disney. Pay the CMs to work and charge them rent to live in nearby Disney housing. I heard WDW is even expanding and building more college program housing in the WDW area.

Can confirm. Heard that the new housing will be located down Western Way. Construction is booming on that road.

Grotto123

As a former cast member myself, I believe nothing is truly going to make cast members happy. No matter how hard he tries not all the demands (suggestions) are going to be met. I feel like the current culture with cast members today is that they think just because this is disney world they are immune to current events hence the belief they are owed alot more. With the closures in China and the expansions at other parks ( possible third park at Disneyland paris) Disney World I believe could be an after thought. Cast members will be in a rude awakening when the average guest can get the same experience at another disney property. So my advice would be keep your suggestions and expectations realistic and don't set the bar to high.

DisneyCane

That's a good write up. I like the fact that he is looking for healthier options at a better price. It's not smart to eat a burger and fries often with the short term and long term effects. We are a fast food nation that is slowly killing ourselves. A healthy CM is better in their job than an unhealthy CM but that also goes for any job outside of WDW.
I wouldn't say slowly killing ourselves as much as increasing health care costs. If you take it homicide, life expectancy is quite high.

No matter how healthy you eat or how much you exercise you can't become immortal.

That said, I certainly don't recommend making burgers and fries your meal every day. All things are good in moderation with a few exceptions .

Last edited by a moderator:

ImperfectPixie

As a former cast member myself, I believe nothing is truly going to make cast members happy. No matter how hard he tries not all the demands (suggestions) are going to be met. I feel like the current culture with cast members today is that they think just because this is disney world they are immune to current events hence the belief they are owed alot more. With the closures in China and the expansions at other parks ( possible third park at Disneyland paris) Disney World I believe could be an after thought. Cast members will be in a rude awakening when the average guest can get the same experience at another disney property. So my advice would be keep your suggestions and expectations realistic and don't set the bar to high.
There's a lot that can be done outside of raising hourly wages that can improve an employee's morale. One of the things I'd love to see change is for CMs who are on the front lines working with guests to get back-up from their higher-ups so they can enforce the park rules. I've read way too many stories of guests behaving badly and CMs afraid to do anything because they receive little to no support from those above them on the totem pole.

(I do, however, think that a livable wage should be the goal for all companies...in a common sense way, of course. Start pay at enough for a single person to live - not just barely get by - and allow them the opportunity for growth within the company instead of treating them as if they're disposable. And I say this for ALL companies.)

Grotto123

There's a lot that can be done outside of raising hourly wages that can improve an employee's morale. One of the things I'd love to see change is for CMs who are on the front lines working with guests to get back-up from their higher-ups so they can enforce the park rules. I've read way too many stories of guests behaving badly and CMs afraid to do anything because they receive little to no support from those above them on the totem pole.

(I do, however, think that a livable wage should be the goal for all companies...in a common sense way, of course. Start pay at enough for a single person to live - not just barely get by - and allow them the opportunity for growth within the company instead of treating them as if they're disposable. And I say this for ALL companies.)

A living wage is only determined by the economy in which the business resides. Nothing will stop the inflation Orlando has been through for the past few years. Even Disney World wont be able to keep with giving raises based on the cost of living. Cast members will eventually see that nothing will stop rent from going up and the cost of goods sky rocketing. Its good that this new president is going to to help relieve some of the pressures of everyday life but for anyone to think he'll do more than thatwill be in a bis surprise.

ImperfectPixie

A living wage is only determined by the economy in which the business resides. Nothing will stop the inflation Orlando has been through for the past few years. Even Disney World wont be able to keep with giving raises based on the cost of living. Cast members will eventually see that nothing will stop rent from going up and the cost of goods sky rocketing. Its good that this new president is going to to help relieve some of the pressures of everyday life but for anyone to think he'll do more than thatwill be in a bis surprise.
Funny part of that is who do you think controls the price of the things it takes to live? The same people who own shares in large companies or who take active roles in running them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom