News José and Panchito will join Discovery Island Carnivale at Disney's Animal Kingdom

mm52200

I don't think so. I think they were just trying to add more characters to the shows so the kids would have at least something to do while watching it. It probably was a budget cut concern.
It was literally announced on the Parks Blog as being through May 5, and in the article linked here on this website. I think we all just hoped they would stay longer, however they appeared as long as they were advertised to do so.

PorterRedkey

Mmmmm doubtful probably the budget for the characters is moving over there though.
Jose and Panchito are not in pictures for the Dino Bash, but I hope they are still featured somewhere. Maybe back to Mexico? I am big 3 Caballeros fan so I will take whatever presence in the park I can get.

Cmdr_Crimson

It was literally announced on the Parks Blog as being through May 5, and in the article linked here on this website. I think we all just hoped they would stay longer, however they appeared as long as they were advertised to do so.

I thought it was a permanent thing..I don't go to the blog that often..

Gillyanne

I'm glad we saw them while we did; my niece loves riding the ride at epcot, and being a toddler is familiar with them from their cameo on MMCH. We got pictures of her "dancing" with them when we were there a couple weeks ago, and surprisingly some came out well enough to print!

Kman101

That's disappointing... when does Donalds Dino Bash start? Is the 'disco' budget moving over there?

That's what it seems like. It's what they seem to do. You'll notice in the past characters get swapped, entertainment gets cut so the budget can go elsewhere. I wish they'd stop doing that. Cutting one for another. I get it, they only have so much budget to go around but I mean, these parks have to be raking in money. I know it doesn't quite work like that but still ... entertainment is already lacking in the parks, IMHO. AK was pretty good but now we're losing quite a bit it seems. Didn't we lose two other acts recently?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom