1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Jolly Holiday Ride

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by kap91, Jan 4, 2017.

1. DisneyManOne

DisneyManOne Well-Known Member

That's amazing! With a concept like that, I bet they'll hire you on the spot! I plan to become an Imagineer myself in the future, so maybe I'll see you out there in the field.

S.P.E.W likes this.
  2. Alex Parsons

Alex Parsons New Member

Omg I LOVE this ride concept. The UK Pavillion needs a Mary Poppins ride. I love that this ride actually puts the rider into the story, for example, the ride car actually goes ON the Carousel instead of past it. The only issue I noticed is that the queue may not be big enough? I was trying to work out what the ride system is; Is it a boat or a Peter-Pans-Flight style system? or both? Something I though might be cool is if the umbrella on the cart was over the heads of the riders and opened when they go through the storm and closed when the ride goes into the painting, it could distract the riders from the fact that they're leaving the painting world. This really is an exceptional ride idea and it would be a shame for it to never come to life.

spacemt354 likes this.
  3. kap91

kap91 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thanks. :). The queue should be plenty big enough, it's the size of a small soundstage. Should hold about an hours worth of people - though one day I might get around to doing proper calculations.

The ride system is basically an updated version of the ET Adventure system. Very similar just with rotation and some motion abilities.

spacemt354 likes this.
  4. kap91

kap91 Well-Known Member Original Poster

I can't resist posting progress updates, so here's a teaser of what I'm attempting to spend my time doing in the next several months. Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 5.20.01 PM.png

kmbmw777, David2319, AceAstro and 3 others like this.
  5. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

Wow, beautiful job so far!

S.P.E.W, David2319 and kap91 like this.
  6. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

You’re such a talented person!:)

spacemt354, kap91 and S.P.E.W like this.