Joe Rhode on Everest

Connor002

Master Yoda said:
I would love to see these boxes. Knowing the imagineer's sense of humor the yeti is probably in a bunch of boxes labeled "not yeti parts".

Crate1.JPG
:lookaroun

dakben

Original Poster
TiggerRPh said:
Very interesting indeed....though I am a bit suspicious about Joe Rohde being spotted in bars yapping about EE. It's not like the ride needs anymore hype...most if not all of of Disney geeks have been salivating with anticipation.

The skeptic in me wonders what's behind all the "see Joe Rohde in a bar...hear him talk about Expedition Everest".

Well, as I said it wasn't in a bar, it was at the Party for the Senses at Epcot (which I highly recommend to everyone, by the way). And he wasn't up on some stage taking questions. I recognized Joe as he was walking by, and because we'd met before (I opened Disney's Animal Kingdom--hence the dakben), I decided to say hello. And I couldn't pass up an opportunity to talk to him about Everest. And, like a new parent, I suppose, he's very excited to talk about it. We spend pages and pages on the forums talking about it, and we have had little to do with it other than watch. I'm sure he's very happy to talk to people who are excited about the project he's working on.

MickeyTigg

I understand what you're saying....I just wonder what Disney's or for that matter Rohde's agenda or ulterior motive here is. It's not like the attraction is ready to open...in fact it's probably 2-3 months away from even any "soft openings".

I have to wonder if this is Imagineering's version of having "focus groups" and getting guests feelings on fine tuning the final version of the attraction.

lebeau

TiggerRPh said:
I understand what you're saying....I just wonder what Disney's or for that matter Rohde's agenda or ulterior motive here is. It's not like the attraction is ready to open...in fact it's probably 2-3 months away from even any "soft openings".

I have to wonder if this is Imagineering's version of having "focus groups" and getting guests feelings on fine tuning the final version of the attraction.

It might be Imagineering's version of having a drink and talking politely with people who recognize and approach you with questions.

Naw, there's probably an ulterior motive... :lookaroun

MickeyTigg

lebeau said:
It might be Imagineering's version of having a drink and talking politely with people who recognize and approach you with questions.

Naw, there's probably an ulterior motive... :lookaroun

My impression has been that Imagineering is pretty tight lipped about things....so that's my reasoning.

I don't doubt the accuracy of the information...I just wonder why he's talking at this point.

Thelazer

Maybe he is just out there spreading false info to throw us off track. Maybe the yeti is already in place and the ride will open in 2 weeks.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Thelazer said:
Maybe he is just out there spreading false info to throw us off track. Maybe the yeti is already in place and the ride will open in 2 weeks.

No to opening in two weeks. Its got at least two months of work still to do.

lewisc

who is Joe Rhode?

From the context of the posts it sounds like he's the imagineer in charge of Everest.

What else did he do? Does/did he post here?

Sounds like some kind of soft opening 1Q 2006. I guess my chance of winning lotto is much greater than my chance of seeing a soft opening in time for my December trip.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
lewisc said:
From the context of the posts it sounds like he's the imagineer in charge of Everest.

What else did he do? Does/did he post here?

His official position, last I heard it, is "Executive Designer for Walt Disney Imagineering". He is lead design for everything in AK.

No, he doesn't post here. If he does, he wouldn't make himself known.

lewisc said:
Sounds like some kind of soft opening 1Q 2006. I guess my chance of winning lotto is much greater than my chance of seeing a soft opening in time for my December trip.

It will not be open for you to ride in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom