Joe Flacco in the parks today?

openendedsky

According to the app they aren't too awful and on par with lower crowds... 25 for JC, 55 Space, 60 little mermaid and Belle and 45 for Pan. I'm amazed, but then again it IS a Monday and some kids have school.
I checked right before this thread and saw a lot of 40-60, and a 70 minute wait for Space. Probably a discrepancy between apps, though.

Genie of the Lamp

I didn't know which team to root for. Don't like the Ravens (Pittsburgher here, obviously... lol diehard Steelers fan. We all need to get together some time!) but also didn't want the 9ers tying up our record...

Regardless, congrats Flacco. :)

Yeah for real, there are many PA members, and specifically Pittsburghers on this site that when one of us says we are going to the O-TOWN area for vacation, we should in our very best try to run into one another whether it's at WDW or UNI cause in essence this whole site is a community and means we are all one big happy (well for most of us) family. We could be pushing Brazilian tour group numbers! LOL!:D

Edit: @wdwmagic, if I had to make a suggestion as to how to make this whole wdwmagic experience better I think we should create a WDWMAGIC expo or something like that were we the WDWMAGIC members all come together to bring in former disney greats like imagineers and animators who tell us about their disney life history, discuss Disney related issues like we do on here and so on. I think this could be a real success, but obviously I think this wouldn't happen as we probably don't have the monetary resources for this to happen. Just a blue sky thought that would be really cool though.

awesomeinabox

I checked right before this thread and saw a lot of 40-60, and a 70 minute wait for Space. Probably a discrepancy between apps, though.
Out of curiosity which app are you using? I'm using the my disney experience one. I would assume the crowd sourced ones are more accurate. I may have checked during a parade or something too.

Did Flacco spend the whole evening there or did he just ride in the parade and leave?

openendedsky

Out of curiosity which app are you using? I'm using the my disney experience one. I would assume the crowd sourced ones are more accurate. I may have checked during a parade or something too.

Did Flacco spend the whole evening there or did he just ride in the parade and leave?
I'm not sure, I wasn't there. I just periodically check the apps throughout the week as a guestimate in case I decide to go on a day that I'm off. and WDWWaits. I wouldn't say it's innaccurate, but it's often times 5-10 minutes off in one way or another.

Genie of the Lamp

Genie, I'll be there May 8-12. You? :)

Was ONLY Flacco in the park today, or the whole team? I've only seen a few photos of just him.

Sorry Soarin girl, I will be in Wilmington,NC that weekend watching my older sister graduating from UNCW getting her BS in Clincal Researching (I'm a college freshman at RMU). Maybe though I can sneak down their or if not meet you at Kwood or something. It seems that it was just Flacco in the parks today as he didn't elect to bring one of his teammates. I'm honestly suprised he didn't bring Ray Lewis like Hines brought along Jerome. I think if you watch Flacco's interview on ESPN it seemed like he was only going to do the parade and ride a few rides then pack up and head home as he's only gotten he said like 1.5 hrs of sleep.

Genie of the Lamp

Awww, that's awesome though. If you're local, we can always hit up Kwood (lol!) or Phipps or whatever. Drop me a line sometime. :)

I wish I had photos of the Steelers at WDW. Now I gotta hunt some down!

Yep, I'm a local(live in Wexford). Haven't been to Kwood in a few years though want to try out Skyrocket and Black Widow. Never been to Phipps conservatory shockingly. Yeah I'll make my trip to WDW next year when the Steelers reach 7th heaven.

Kuhio

The official commercial isn't bad, but I'm disappointed they didn't go with the footage of Joe Flacco saying Disney World is "f****** awesome!"

And the guy's either genuinely happy to be there, or can at least put forth the effort to act the part -- including a couple of dainty, Disney-appropriate "princess" waves to the crowd (the kind where you just curl your fingers into your palm quickly):

Remember Nancy Kerrigan's pouty appearance in a Magic Kingdom parade, complete with eye rolling and audible complaining? I think she was still suffering from a silver-medal hangover.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Just a short stay... He then went to be on letterman... And now back to Baltimore for the parade

flynnibus

Premium Member
anyone watching NFL network.. or local channel 13.. the parade was insanity.. and there are 80+k people in the stadium now (and god knows how many thousands outside from the parade) for the second half of the ceremony. It's borderline madness :)

nicknick553

I was there yesterday, got to see him with the mini photo shoot in the parade and I was behind him when they did the LIVE segment for ESPN. Very cool! It wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be though.

Mickey_777

Anybody notice how he said "Disneyland" in the commercial on TV? Have any of the quarterback ever gone to Anaheim the next day or is WDW always been the "go to" resort post Superbowl? In any case Cindy's castle shows up in the ad. Who knows if their even told to say world or land or if they just do it off the cuff...

DocMcHulk

Anybody notice how he said "Disneyland" in the commercial on TV? Have any of the quarterback ever gone to Anaheim the next day or is WDW always been the "go to" resort post Superbowl? In any case Cindy's castle shows up in the ad. Who knows if their even told to say world or land or if they just do it off the cuff...

There is a Disney World version too.

But, that's just a bad editor to include the World castle for the Land version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom