Job with a BFA

hiddenmickey06

Original Poster
I was trying to find some info of what types of jobs there might be at Disney World that require a Bachelor of Fine Arts. I will have my degree by the end of Spring 2013 and want to start appyling to places, especially Disney, when I graduate. Not entirely sure what is out there if anything at all. Any help on where to look or even just some facts would be appreciated. Thanks!:)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I was trying to find some info of what types of jobs there might be at Disney World that require a Bachelor of Fine Arts. I will have my degree by the end of Spring 2013 and want to start appyling to places, especially Disney, when I graduate. Not entirely sure what is out there if anything at all. Any help on where to look or even just some facts would be appreciated. Thanks!:)

BFA, in what field? Visual Arts? Performing Arts? Design? You need to be more specific than this.

hiddenmickey06

Original Poster
BFA, in what field? Visual Arts? Performing Arts? Design? You need to be more specific than this.

Oops! Sorry! Visual Arts; I am majoring in Painting and Drawing. More of a traditional artist, I would much rather get my hands dirty with some charcoal or paint than use a computer and do things digitally. Thanks!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Oops! Sorry! Visual Arts; I am majoring in Painting and Drawing. More of a traditional artist, I would much rather get my hands dirty with some charcoal or paint than use a computer and do things digitally. Thanks!

Ok... yikes. That seems like more of a WDI/WDFA skillset, than a WDW one. Having said that, WDI and WDFA tend to pick the best of the best - with advanced degrees. At WDW, you'd likely be a candidate for any entry-level position.

hiddenmickey06

Original Poster
Ah ok. That is kind of what I figured. I was just curious if there was anything backstage at the parks that may require that type of degree. I would look into WDI but I'm not going to get my hopes up with that one. I would actually even be happy doing drawings of characters in the Art of Disney shops there. Not sure how to work there or even be considered for something like that though. Thanks for your help:)

DisneySaint

Echoing what was already said; you'll need to start with an entry-level position and network over the years. Not to be brash, but Disney has plenty of enough well-qualified and experienced candidates for a specific job like Visual Arts than to have the need to grab a fresh-out-of-college person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom