Jim Hill on XPass coming in 2012

wendysue

I think we will just cancel our Nov. 2012 vacation. We had decided that once they start letting people book ride times from home, it's over!
We like to be spontaneous, we do not want to decide 6 months in advance where we MIGHT want to eat when we are on vacation, nor do we want to make reservations for rides. After all these years of going every year, sometimes twice, we noticed the food quality declining and prices just keep rising for less.

Good-Bye WDW, it was fun....:(

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I think we will just cancel our Nov. 2012 vacation. We had decided that once they start letting people book ride times from home, it's over!
We like to be spontaneous, we do not want to decide 6 months in advance where we MIGHT want to eat when we are on vacation, nor do we want to make reservations for rides. After all these years of going every year, sometimes twice, we noticed the food quality declining and prices just keep rising for less.

Goodbye WDW HELLO DCL!!!! Dump the parks and spend your money where they still do things the Disney way :)

Atomicmickey

On first blush, not happy with this. Continued stratification of society and services. I always saw Disney as more egalitarian. The contradiction, of course, is that you pay through the nose for that. Now, even that illusion is shattered. People stay in different resorts, but when you're in the park, it's no different if you're staying in a Super 8 than if you're in a suite at the Grand Floridian. That's something I enjoy about the parks, something I fear is in danger.

There's nothing we can do about this, of course, but hope that somehow they have this planned out well so that it's not intrusive. Let's hope they get it right if they must do this.

DisneyJoe

Actually nothing very new, except the reserving rides in advance.

Dream Maker Silver, Gold, and Platinum package plans in the late 90's and early 20's had reserved viewing areas as do the current MYW Premium and Platinum upgrades on MYW packages.

GLaDOS

Dream Maker Silver, Gold, and Platinum package plans in the late 90's and early 20's had reserved viewing areas as do the current MYW Premium and Platinum upgrades on MYW packages.

Big difference between an area on the LS bridge and a swath of the hub, though.

DisneyLeo18

Sounds like a not-so-bad idea, but not one I will participate in.

I started to skim through a bit since the article seemed poorly written, but it sounds like families will basically be paying to have a fastpass before they get down there, which I'm ok with. As long as there is some kind of limit, which I'm sure there will be, I don't see it being an issue.

I like to be very random when I visit, and not decide what I want to do before I get down there. I rarely book my whole trip six months in advance, never mind what I'm doing when I get there. I also tend to avoid the parades so the reserved spot doesn't draw me in.

To each their own, if a family wants to pay extra for it. Be their guest I suppose

stitch2008

Wow. You do realize this isnt something that you HAVE to do right? You can just keep vacationing the way you always have. Its just something else. Please step away from the edge.

menamechris

I think he is smart to point out that this program will be dependant on whether guests actually want to pay for it. This would certainly be expensive, and I don't think the demand is there to make it worth it. Management should be well aware that they are already luring in a significant percentage of guests through perks like reduced resort rates and free dining promotions. People are looking to vacation at WDW for LESS - not more. Even if money is not an issue for some guests - is a parade THAT much more enjoyable in a designated area? (Which, by the way, the suggested reserved area is one of the worst places in my opinion during the summer - the sun hits right down on you in front of the castle). I think most people have vacationed at WDW numerous times, they know what to expect, and probably have their own "plan of attack". I put my vote in for this being yet another expensive project rolled out by management that will fade away within a year....

stitch2008

Sounds like a not-so-bad idea, but not one I will participate in.

I started to skim through a bit since the article seemed poorly written, but it sounds like families will basically be paying to have a fastpass before they get down there, which I'm ok with. As long as there is some kind of limit, which I'm sure there will be, I don't see it being an issue.

I like to be very random when I visit, and not decide what I want to do before I get down there. I rarely book my whole trip six months in advance, never mind what I'm doing when I get there. I also tend to avoid the parades so the reserved spot doesn't draw me in.

To each their own, if a family wants to pay extra for it. Be their guest I suppose

A friend told me that he was asked some questions about XPass while down there. He said they indicated that there were going to be limits on how much you can use XPass. They way I understood it, they wont let you pre plan your entire day. They will only let you get one fastpass in advance. Maybe two.

DisneyLeo18

A friend told me that he was asked some questions about XPass while down there. He said they indicated that there were going to be limits on how much you can use XPass. They way I understood it, they wont let you pre plan your entire day. They will only let you get one fastpass in advance. Maybe two.

Exactly what I was thinking. You pick one ride you want to reserve throughout the day.

For example a family chooses to reserve a ride time for Space Mountain at 1:00 p.m.

puntagordabob

Will they create a THIRD line for the Xpass folks?? Something tells me that Fastpasses are going away or going to be seriously messed with....

As for the "prime spots" by the castle hub going to xpass folks being just like the handicapped sections.... I disagree...there is no comparison between handicapped folks and someone who is buying an xpass.....trust me my son would rather stand in a normal area but he sadly does not have THAT particular choice since he cannot walk.... I think it is an insult to even try to make this seem the same.

Also 100% agree that annual passholders need to be in this somehow.....we Locals should not be shafted because we opt to visit for the day.

captainkidd

I doubt that's the case. People can do that now if they know how to use fastpass correctly.

WDWGoof07

We had decided that once they start letting people book ride times from home, it's over!
This would be the final straw for me, too. I'm fine with Fastpass and ADRs, but planning rides months in advance is just ridiculous. I'll go get my Disney fix in California if this all goes down. I love WDW, but the future of the resort does not look promising with the current leadership and their recent decisions.

rioriz

Again everyone is taking this too seriously. I am sure thee will be limits as one poster said and honestly this could be a great thing for families. For example this last trip everytime I wanted to ride TSMM it was a 90 minute wait and I got there too late for FP. With this option I know at least I have an Xpress Pass for TSMM at 1pm and can plan my day accordingly knowing full well when I show up at DHS @ 12:30 I will be able to take that ride on TSMM I have been wanting to do without the 90 min wait!

the better way to look at this is getting a Fastpass before you get to the park. It is still used like a FP but now you already know the return time. Definitely expect there will be less FP handed out each hour to compensate for the amount of XP sold for that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom