Jim Hill: It's lights out for DAK's "Rivers of Light" parade

BRER STITCH

Obviously if the Parade WAS moved to the River, it would not only be the coolest parade ever, but it could be seen from anywhere around the whol river, thus negating the need to move or trim any trees!

Silly people. :shrug:

A parade on the water would be far more creative and imaginative than another street parade with lights. Think of the reflection on the water from the floats, mutilpying the lights by the hundreds!

Put the parade on the water and fill that park to midnight every day like it deserves to be!

:king:

Spyne

That's a shame the Rivers of America idea is not going through. It sure sounded like a cool concept and would of fit well with Disney's Animal Kingdom. Oh well, here's hoping we see more exciting things happen in the future.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
While it may or may not be true that this is dead, I can understand why a nighttime parade at DAK would be a problem. MJJP causes enough traffic jams in broad daylight. Just try to get to Africa during the parade traveling upstream, it's practically impossible. Now imagine trying to go either way in the dark. It would pretty much defeat the purpose of trying to keep the park open later when you can't even get to the attractions.

If management stood up and said no to cutting into the greenery then I give them a lot of credit. DAK is the best landscaped park and it's essential to the theming. While I'd love to see it stay open later, I definitely don't think it's worth losing the overall feel of the park. Put the money towards another land or E-Ticket on the Africa/Camp side of the park and it will have the same effect.

I agree that getting around DAK during the parade is virtually impossible. If it weren't for the crowd problem, you could resolve that with a couple of new walkways (North side of Asia to east side of Africa, and west side of Africa to Mickey-Minnie land, or whatever it's called), but that wouldn't fix the problem of the main route just being not wide enough to handle the crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom