Jim Henson Idea Man (Disney+ Documentary)

sedati

Old enough to say I watched the Muppet Show when it originally aired and like "Star Wars" I didn't just love it, I think it re-shaped my brain.

The documentary was good, but I feel it could have been a series or multi-parter. I wanted more depth. It particularly felt rushed in the last quarter. Fraggle Rock especially deserved more time. I would have liked more guest interviews and was surprised George Lucas wasn't interviewed both for his collaborations with Henson and his ties to Ron Howard.

I remember hearing of his passing (and Sammy Davis Jr) on my way to a National Honor Society banquet while in High School and being despondent and heartbroken (even more than any average high school day)

Definitely worth watching.

erasure fan1

The documentary was good, but I feel it could have been a series or multi-parter. I wanted more depth. It particularly felt rushed in the last quarter. Fraggle Rock especially deserved more time. I would have liked more guest interviews and was surprised George Lucas wasn't interviewed both for his collaborations with Henson and his ties to Ron Howard.
I agree. That last quarter is what kept it from being absolutely great. I wonder if it was just Disney wanted to stay away from that timeframe when things fell through with the two companies.

George has talked about how he wanted Jim to work on empire but he was busy. So he recommended Frank. It would have been great to get more insight into that.
I remember hearing of his passing (and Sammy Davis Jr) on my way to a National Honor Society banquet while in High School and being despondent and heartbroken
I don't really get emotional when a celebrity passes. Two or three I can think of. But with Henson, it really was heartbreaking. And watching clips from the memorial still get me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom