Jiko

Texas Joe

Original Poster
My wife and I decided to try Jiko during our Animal Kingdom Lodge visit. We were pleasantly surprised with the originality and quality of the meal. (a little pricey, but unique)

davinakb

Our DDE card knows Jiko well. Lovely decor, usually great service, good African-inspired dishes and a great wine list. Always recommend highly.

ImaYoyo

While I don't agree that it's the best on property, I will agree that it's darn close. I love the coffee chicken flatbread!

ZapperZ

My wife and I decided to try Jiko during our Animal Kingdom Lodge visit. We were pleasantly surprised with the originality and quality of the meal. (a little pricey, but unique)

Get the Dining Plan, and save 2 table service per person for your meal at Jiko. That's what we normally do. We don't mind paying for one evening's worth of sandwiches just so we could save one extra table service dining points to use at Jiko.

BTW, Citricos has good food as well (portion a bit on the small side). But for decor and ambiance, Jiko is much more interesting. It seems that AKL has 2 winners (Jiko and Boma) as far as dining is concerned.

Zz.

palmage

While I don't agree that it's the best on property, I will agree that it's darn close. I love the coffee chicken flatbread!
It's only opinion, but I think Jiko has the best food anywhere in Disney.
There are others that have better views and such, but none can match Jiko for the menu.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I'm glad to hear so many of you have enjoyed Jiko. Its definately on my short list of places to try on my next vacation. It would be very helpful for WDWMagic members to have some additonal reviews of Jiko here http://reviews.wdwmagic.com/element_reviews.aspx?pid=273

I hope you guys could take a few minutes to add your thoughts to that page. :wave:

DreamAurora

I really enjoyed the atmosphere at jikos and the food was delicious. I question whether or not it's worth the cost of the entrees but it was worth it at least once. My favorite thing about it was the dessert! *sighs* I think I might have to go back just for those.

poohster

i agree Jiko i amazing the food is fantastic but it is a little expensive and a little noisy but the food it well worth it

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quite a bit different. Boma will have one or two things that I would call eclectic where as most of Jiko's menu would fall under that category.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom