Jiko or Ohana for dinner? And why?

ELG13

Myself and multiple friends have had terrible experiences in the past 6m at Ohana. They may have gotten better and it was always a must for us but after our last trip we don't plan on returning for a while until we start hearing positive reviews flowing again.

BASS

I have not been to Ohana so I can't compare the two. However, my family has eaten at Jiko on multiple occasions and it is one of our "must-do" restaurants. We book it nearly every trip. It's fantastic.

/And this is coming from a self-styled foodie or food snob :)

Hi guys I'm trying to decide between the two. I've heard great things about both but was just curious what you've experienced from both Jiko and Ohana.

The Service.

The Food.

All of it.
Gosh....this is really hard... It really depends on what your preference is in dining.. My family never misses a chance to dine at O'hana's..
The food is really really good, if you have not eaten there I would go there. It is family style all you can eat, so pace yourself. You start off with the most amazing bread ...salad with a passion fruit dressing...(I could just eat that)...They bring you a skillet of noodles..vegetables ...sticky wings ...and pot stickers...all to die for. the meat is brought to you on these skewers ...chicken...steak and shrimp... so good!! but the dessert of bread pudding is just amazing.... off the charts IMO!! On the other hand Jiko's is one of the best signature restaurants on property... You are dining in the beautiful Animal Kingdom Lodge.. the food...service and location makes this restaurant one of my favorites.. Everything on the menu is amazing...It is really more of a upscale feel...It is pricey though but really will make for a memorable dining experience.. Seriously... you can not go wrong with either. We dined at O'hanas in April and are going back in May. We last ate at Jiko's in December and my family still talks about it.

disneyworlddad

I am concerned about Jiko. It was regularly in my top 3 restaurants on property but the chef has moved to Cali Grill and my last experience at Jiko was less than impressive. Hopefully it gets fixed but right now Jiko is on my wait and see list. Ohana is an event unto itself and worth doing at least once.

Hmm interesting, wasn't Tuvala just there (Cali Grill)? And said it wasn't as good. I dont know how to tag her.

danyoung56

I can't speak for Tuvalu, but I was just there a week ago and it was stellar. They've gone back to the tamarind BBQ sauce on the beef filet, and it was totally delicious!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If you are looking for food and dining experience alone...Jiko.

The food is better.

The service is better.

All of it.

But, Ohana is more "fun".

DE_DISNEY

My vote would also be for Jiko. I do think Jiko is better for couples or adults while Ohana could be better for families or those with small children.

Jambo Joe

I am concerned about Jiko. It was regularly in my top 3 restaurants on property but the chef has moved to Cali Grill and my last experience at Jiko was less than impressive. Hopefully it gets fixed but right now Jiko is on my wait and see list. Ohana is an event unto itself and worth doing at least once.
Have to second that. We went to Jiko recently and it was disappointing. Ordered the legendary filet and Mac and cheese and it was only ok. Service was fine as always. Companions also underwhelmed. Not planning to go back unless the buzz changes. Not a good two credit value.

Ohana has been good quality for a couple years after a dip in quality before that. Lots of fun - and a good one credit value. Not high concept dining by any means - but it’s good food and atmosphere. Biggest issue is that they are just flooded with people every night and your ADR will be running at least 30 minutes behind schedule.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Like others have said, 2 completely different experiences. If money is not a concern Jiko overall is better. If you get an appetizer, entree with a non-alcohol drink and a dessert it’s probably almost twice the price of Ohana on average. Ohana is not a cheap meal either, but it’s a lot of food. Don’t go there unless you are hungry. Both give you a good excuse to walk around 2 of the 3 best themed resorts on property (Wilderness Lodge being the 3rd).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom