Jessica Rabbit removed from Trunk- Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin

brb1006

Yeah, ok. But I still didn't enjoy watching it.

Like @Rich T 's friends and family, I find it (and the ride) obnoxious. Sorry
Obnoxious?!?

I can understand some not getting as invest with Roger Rabbit himself. But aren't you forgetting about Eddie Valiant's storyline about the loss of his brother and his hatred for toons as a result of his death? You must had forgotten about this scene then.

Roger_the_pianist

CARtoon Spin is gonna feel off with Runaway Railway opening...almost like it will turn into a standby attraction to absord crowds around the new attraction and certainly play second fiddle from here on out.

The movie is certainly irrelevant to young families today. Jessica Rabbit is suggestive and has always made me uncomfortable. Remember it being pointed out that it seemed she was animated in some shots not wearing underwear...

This is the movie where Donald Duck stammers a slur towards Daffy Duck, too.

Wouldn't mind seeing the whole thing replaced.

Sharon&Susan

CARtoon Spin is gonna feel off with Runaway Railway opening...almost like it will turn into a standby attraction to absord crowds around the new attraction and certainly play second fiddle from here on out.

The movie is certainly irrelevant to young families today. Jessica Rabbit is suggestive and has always made me uncomfortable. Remember it being pointed out that it seemed she was animated in some shots not wearing underwear...

There's a slur?

Last edited:

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I have a friend who wants to see the park close and reopen solely as a museum. He’s disgusted with the management as well.
If they do close Lincoln and Tiki Room my thought is they should use the additional land move them to the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco as part of a “Mickey Mouse Park” area. Same with the Griffith Park Carousel if it is at risk of closure again (it was struggling financially due to COVID closure).

If the Walt Disney Company wants to disassociate from these attractions the least they could do is donate them in their original to the namesake family.

MoonRakerSCM

Modern imagineers post on here?

TP2000

If they do close Lincoln and Tiki Room my thought is they should use the additional land move them to the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco as part of a “Mickey Mouse Park” area. Same with the Griffith Park Carousel if it is at risk of closure again (it was struggling financially due to COVID closure).

If the Walt Disney Company wants to disassociate from these attractions the least they could do is donate them in their original to the namesake family.

Um, I don't think San Francisco is the right town to move Mr. Lincoln to... 😁

josh2000

Roger Rabbit is fascinating because he is the only 'Disney' character I can think of who is stuck permanently in legal limbo. I feel like Disney would like to use him more, but it's too messy with Spielberg & Co. Tarzan was stuck in legal limbo for a few years as well but all that got resolved iirc.

J4546

i dont see the big deal, its a small scene of a woman being kidnapped in a trunk, now replaced with a glowing barrel of dip. I actually think it looks better. Wether or not this is permanent remains to be seen, but if it is im cool with it.

Of course i know a bunch of people (boys) on here will complain because.....i really dont know. Perhaps they are afraid of women not being shown as weak and needing the help of another, or as prizes to be won/owned.... I mean the same people complained about them changing the scene in PotC that should a woman being auctioned lol

Sharon&Susan

i dont see the big deal, its a small scene of a woman being kidnapped in a trunk, now replaced with a glowing barrel of dip. I actually think it looks better. Wether or not this is permanent remains to be seen, but if it is im cool with it.

Of course i know a bunch of people (boys) on here will complain because.....i really dont know. Perhaps they are afraid of women not being shown as weak and needing the help of another, or as prizes to be won/owned.... I mean the same people complained about them changing the scene in PotC that should a woman being auctioned lol
Because the second scene of her having broken from her ropes and smashing a weasel's head open in their lair now isn't set up with her being kidnapped now?

Now to reward a bad faith argument with another: Go back to school kid and learn how to spell, use grammar correctly, and what capital letters are. Maybe you'll finally get off of that pixie dust once you finally start having to pay for it yourself.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some bits from the OCR article -

"Walt Disney Imagineering is rebooting another Disneyland attraction with a female lead character and revamped backstory to make it “more relevant” as the Anaheim theme park continues to update rides that have become culturally outdated.

Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin at Disneyland is getting a new plot twist that throws Jessica Rabbit into the lead role as a private eye determined to stamp out a Toontown crime wave.

Some scenes in Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin featuring Jessica Rabbit are being updated to be more relevant and reflect a new twist in the character’s story within the attraction, according to Disneyland officials. A scene featuring Jessica Rabbit and the weasels with an automobile as well as the finale scene of Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin are being updated, according to Disneyland officials."

"The updated Car Toon Spin storyline turns Jessica Rabbit into the newest private eye in Mickey’s Toontown on the lookout for Toon Patrol Weasels responsible for a sharp rise in crime."

“Jessica Rabbit has determined it is past time for her to throw her fedora in the ring by starting her own private investigation service,” according to the new Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin backstory. “Watch out weasels, your reign of terror is over.”

Californian Elitist

"Walt Disney Imagineering is rebooting another Disneyland attraction with a female lead character and revamped backstory to make it “more relevant” as the Anaheim theme park continues to update rides that have become culturally outdated.

Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin at Disneyland is getting a new plot twist that throws Jessica Rabbit into the lead role as a private eye determined to stamp out a Toontown crime wave.

Some scenes in Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin featuring Jessica Rabbit are being updated to be more relevant and reflect a new twist in the character’s story within the attraction, according to Disneyland officials. A scene featuring Jessica Rabbit and the weasels with an automobile as well as the finale scene of Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin are being updated, according to Disneyland officials."

"The updated Car Toon Spin storyline turns Jessica Rabbit into the newest private eye in Mickey’s Toontown on the lookout for Toon Patrol Weasels responsible for a sharp rise in crime."

“Jessica Rabbit has determined it is past time for her to throw her fedora in the ring by starting her own private investigation service,” according to the new Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin backstory. “Watch out weasels, your reign of terror is over.”

This sounds like BS.

Sharon&Susan

This sounds like a pretty drastic change that requires closing the ride for a refurbishment? If it is, seems weird to just randomly remove a figure.

Hopefully the Imagineers will keep the main attraction of Car-Toon Spin, the wacky cartoony settings, intact without trying to shove this new plotline into every scene. Keep it minimal just like with Roger Rabbit trying to find a way for us to escape from the Weasels in the existing ride.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Well it was always assumed that TT would change with MMRR, now we know changes will be made to RRCS while still keeping most of the attraction intact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom