Trip Report JenniferS was live! 9/6/17 - 9/16/17

This will be my fourth live trip report in a year, and after NYC last week, I thought Hubby had reached his limit, but he says, "No, go ahead, do a live trip report. It lets me control the tv while you talk to your friends." (As we meet more of my WDWDisney friends, he uses finger quotes around "friends" less and less.)

So, here we go, another live trip report. I really don't have the will to do a post trip report, so it's "live" or nothing. Once I'm out of the bubble, I'm out.

Introductions.
IMG_2660.JPG

That would be me, Jennifer, on the left. Big Disney fan, big Blue Jays fan, big Hubby fan. Ace, in the middle - although he will always be BJ Birdie to me. Hubby, Mike, on the right. Although Mike is the one who first introduced me to Disney in 1991, it's not really his thing. He goes with me most years to make me happy. And also for the food.

As with our past three trips, we will be spending 11 days, 10 nights at Coronado Springs Resort. We booked a BounceBack offer before checking out last year, before knowing how much construction would be going on. Oh well, it is what it is. And what it is, is my favourite resort in my Happy Place; so it's all good.

We have a Preferred King room booked, which means Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Nonetheless, I think I will be sending in a room preference fax tomorrow asking for a refurbed King room in either 7A or 8A. I'll be happy either way. I am ridiculously easy to please whilst in WDW.

Yes, I am one of those Free Dining parasites. By booking the BB offer last year, we are actually getting the full DDP for free, instead of having to upgrade from QDP. I put great thought and effort into our ADR's. Mike is a big guy and eats a lot. The heat and humidity really kills my appetite, so Mike eats at least half of my meals too. (I've recently packed on 20 pounds, so that may be a good thing.)

Next up, our somewhat loosey goosey itinerary.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Although I wore one of Mike's t-shirts in the pool, I got a smidge too much sun today. I'm a little punchy, and have little appetite.
And with that, I present ... your dinner.

IMG_8016.JPG

I ate the two bites of coleslaw. I like coleslaw! And the cheese bun. And a couple of bites of the mac 'n cheese.
IMG_8018.JPG

Mike got the steak. The lighting is off, but those are fancy cut carrots on top.
IMG_8017.JPG

We'll split the hummingbird cake now, and the donuts later. "Split" being a very generic term.
IMG_8019.JPG
IMG_8022.JPG
IMG_8023.JPG
IMG_8020.JPG

I thought this was hysterical. Like I said, "punchy".
IMG_8021.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh you silly, silly people at Stance. I came in here prepared to drop some bucks. Big bucks. And again, I didn't spend a dime. For starters, I'm not sure Mike would have let me - he was that PO'd.

I was ignored for a solid five minutes while I was making clear buying signals. Finally, I (nicely) said, "I'm ready to be helped if you're available". (Nobody does passive aggressive better.) The young salesgirl tore herself away from the other salesgirl and disinterestedly told me that she didn't think they had Vader in large.

At that precise moment, a guy said to his wife something about these white socks being blah blah blah, and she flew over to him gushing, "You know blah blah blah? Nobody knows blah blah blah."

Guess what - dude didn't buy the blah blah blah socks, but I was fully prepared to spend upwards of $200 on Star Wars socks for Christmas gifts. Instead, I spent zilch, and Mike said "NEVER AGAIN". That was strike three. Sorry Stance. Maybe online. Maybe I'm over it.

It's not me. I am ridiculously easy to please while in the World. I am borderline giddy, and always ready to go with the flow. Stance customer service sucks. Period.

ETA - until the blah blah blah white socks dude came in, we were the only two customers in the store.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Although I wore one of Mike's t-shirts in the pool, I got a smidge too much sun today. I'm a little punchy, and have little appetite.
And with that, I present ... your dinner.

View attachment 229536

I ate the two bites of coleslaw. I like coleslaw! And the cheese bun. And a couple of bites of the mac 'n cheese.
View attachment 229537

Mike got the steak. The lighting is off, but those are fancy cut carrots on top.
View attachment 229538

We'll split the hummingbird cake now, and the donuts later. "Split" being a very generic term.
View attachment 229539 View attachment 229540 View attachment 229541 View attachment 229542

I thought this was hysterical. Like I said, "punchy".
View attachment 229543
Wish your dinner was mine. Cheese bun, yum, cole slaw, yum, baked mac & cheese yuuuuuum!!!
Apparently Morimoto and I have a different idea of what "fun with ducks" means.

View attachment 229544 View attachment 229545
Fun with ducks! Ha ha!!:hilarious::hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 8, by the numbers:

Extra meal and snack credits given by accident - at least 17, to the best I can figure
Trips down the Jaguar water slide - 12
FitBit steps - 11,575
Dollars spent at Stance - 0

Good night everyone. Tomorrow is an Epcot day. Meeting up with my friend Eric there. <3

Songbird76

Songbird76

Most bizarre thing ever!

Those 3 phone calls I got from a 407 number while on Buzz yesterday was the hotel calling to explain that a computer glitch had accidentally checked us out, but that we had been checked back in. Only prob was that our CC had to be re-linked to our reservation and that we had no charging privileges until we got back to the hotel and visited the front desk.

We took care of it last night.

Well today at lunch when we got our receipt, it said that we still had 12 TS credits left. That ain't right. So when I checked MDE, it is not linked to our new reservation number. *sigh*

First a call, then a visit ... long story short, we have many extra credits - snack, CS, and TS. They have no way to determine the correct number to fix it, so we have been ordered (yes ordered) to eat until we burst!

Back up to 30 Snack Credits. I sure hope @Eric1955 is up for some F&WF tomorrow!

Also, we are getting two new mugs! We don't need two new mugs. "Take them anyway", the supervisor says. "Consider it as repayment for all this inconvenience." Maybe Eric wants those for his sister!
Well that's awesome! I'd find some family who didn't have the dining plan and use my TS credits to pay for their meal. I don't know how many days you have left, but man, you'd have to eat a LOT to use up 12 credits!!! But how awesome is it that you get to try!?

Songbird76

Oh you silly, silly people at Stance. I came in here prepared to drop some bucks. Big bucks. And again, I didn't spend a dime. For starters, I'm not sure Mike would have let me - he was that PO'd.

I was ignored for a solid five minutes while I was making clear buying signals. Finally, I (nicely) said, "I'm ready to be helped if you're available". (Nobody does passive aggressive better.) The young salesgirl tore herself away from the other salesgirl and disinterestedly told me that she didn't think they had Vader in large.

At that precise moment, a guy said to his wife something about these white socks being blah blah blah, and she flew over to him gushing, "You know blah blah blah? Nobody knows blah blah blah."

Guess what - dude didn't buy the blah blah blah socks, but I was fully prepared to spend upwards of $200 on Star Wars socks for Christmas gifts. Instead, I spent zilch, and Mike said "NEVER AGAIN". That was strike three. Sorry Stance. Maybe online. Maybe I'm over it.

It's not me. I am ridiculously easy to please while in the World. I am borderline giddy, and always ready to go with the flow. Stance customer service sucks. Period.

ETA - until the blah blah blah white socks dude came in, we were the only two customers in the store.
I'm not sure I understand what happened....I get that she was ignoring you at first, and that's enough for me right there to just leave. But had you asked something about a large in Vader or was she just being insulting? And where do the guy and his wife talking about blah blah blah come in? Did he come ask the salesgirl for help and she stopped helping you?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure I understand what happened....I get that she was ignoring you at first, and that's enough for me right there to just leave. But had you asked something about a large in Vader or was she just being insulting? And where do the guy and his wife talking about blah blah blah come in? Did he come ask the salesgirl for help and she stopped helping you?
I asked if the Vader socks were available in large. She vaguely said, "I'm not sure if we have any right now." (No, "let me check.")

I asked who a particular character was. She said, "I don't know, I don't follow Star Wars." (At $20 - $28/pair, you need to know your inventory! It was Governor Tarkin, BTW.)

As I was about to ask her about ordering the Vader socks in large (to go with the the Stormtrooper, R2D2, Luke Skwalker socks I already had in my hands), another man had walked in and commented to his wife, "Oh look, they have (whoever the sports guy was) socks."

No "Excuse me, I'll be right back" or anything; she just overheard a comment that interested her and flitted away.

I am in sales. Have worked for the same company since 1989. Not to brag (you've heard me admit I am a terrible cook, a lousy housekeeper, can't park to save my life), but I am very, very good at my job. I don't sell clothing, mind you; but the concept is the same.

When the guy didn't buy the "blah blah blah" socks and left, the salesgirl returned to her sales partner to continue their chat and never came back to inquire if I needed any more help. One by one, I replaced the 6 or 7 pairs I had in my hand at this point, and we left.

Done with Stance.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
What were the "steakhouse sides"? I went back to look at the menu picture and it doesn't say what they are, but it looks like maybe creamed spinach, mushrooms, and some sort of chutney?
Yes, yes, and grilled onions.
Sounds like the perfect husband.:p
He is.
Sorry i haven't been able to keep up with your TR:oops::oops::oops::oops: BTW you have great taste Basin and Disney trivets are always a good purchase, my dh says otherwise:cautious:
Mike is the main cook in our family. He uses the trivets more than I do.
So where's YOUR F&W ranking list??
It was all good. Probably liked the lamb chop the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom