Trip Report JenniferS (and Mike) will be live 9/2-9/13 ... maybe!

Yes, it’s that time of year again, time for another live trip report from two of your favourite Canadians ... which means of course, that another hurricane is headed to Florida.

This will be my fourth live WDW trip report. The “who” and “where” remain the same, but the “how” and “when” are very much up in the air right now.

2016 here: (No, I don’t know how to embed links in a little blue “here”)
Hi, my name is JenniferS, and I am a Disneyholic. I have been accused of being a Pixie Dust snorter. I've been accused of worse, so no biggie.

Once we get home from a Disney trip, I am always in a bit of a funk, and never really up to doing a proper trip report. For those of you who know me, I generally post live over in Chit Chat somewhere. This is my first dedicated live trip report in the actual Trip Report Thread.

The cast:
Me. JenniferS. Just turned 49. Honestly friends, I don't know how that happened. I still feel 27. But, my passport and driver's licence insist I was born in 1967, and I have two 20-something sons, so it must be true.

This is me, on my way to work this morning. All smiles, because this is my last day of work for almost two weeks!
View attachment 159571

And this is Hubby. He is not on his way to work today, as he has been off work for 6 months. He is 48 years old and this is the first entire summer he has had off since he was 14. In 31 years together, this is only the second time I have seen him with a tan.

Goofy is his favourite character.
View attachment 159572
View attachment 159573

And last year, he was obsessed with this over-sized "Stitchie". There was no room in our luggage, but this year, I am determined to buy it for him, and bring it home by any means necessary. Actually, I'm just going to bring our big SouthWest duffel bag, and pay for an extra bag coming home.

View attachment 159574
View attachment 159575
This will be our first Disney trip, just the two of us, since 1992! :jawdrop:

Okay, that's the Who.
Coming up next - the Where.

2017 here:
This will be my fourth live trip report in a year, and after NYC last week, I thought Hubby had reached his limit, but he says, "No, go ahead, do a live trip report. It lets me control the tv while you talk to your friends." (As we meet more of my WDWDisney friends, he uses finger quotes around "friends" less and less.)

So, here we go, another live trip report. I really don't have the will to do a post trip report, so it's "live" or nothing. Once I'm out of the bubble, I'm out.

Introductions.
View attachment 225475
That would be me, Jennifer, on the left. Big Disney fan, big Blue Jays fan, big Hubby fan. Ace, in the middle - although he will always be BJ Birdie to me. Hubby, Mike, on the right. Although Mike is the one who first introduced me to Disney in 1991, it's not really his thing. He goes with me most years to make me happy. And also for the food.

As with our past three trips, we will be spending 11 days, 10 nights at Coronado Springs Resort. We booked a BounceBack offer before checking out last year, before knowing how much construction would be going on. Oh well, it is what it is. And what it is, is my favourite resort in my Happy Place; so it's all good.

We have a Preferred King room booked, which means Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Nonetheless, I think I will be sending in a room preference fax tomorrow asking for a refurbed King room in either 7A or 8A. I'll be happy either way. I am ridiculously easy to please whilst in WDW.

Yes, I am one of those Free Dining parasites. By booking the BB offer last year, we are actually getting the full DDP for free, instead of having to upgrade from QDP. I put great thought and effort into our ADR's. Mike is a big guy and eats a lot. The heat and humidity really kills my appetite, so Mike eats at least half of my meals too. (I've recently packed on 20 pounds, so that may be a good thing.)

Next up, our somewhat loosey goosey itinerary.
2018 here:
Technically this is a pre-trip report, but we’ll be going live in less than a week!

This will be my third live September trip report.
2016:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/jennifers-is-live-9-7-16-9-17-16.918342/#post-7389286

2017:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/jennifers-was-live-9-6-17-9-16-17.931263/#post-7871205

It’s going to be a lot of same old/same old, as the cast, location, and ADR’s are pretty much the same. What can I say - we like what we like. And what we like is each other, Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs, and Free Disney Dining.

First, the who.
Me, JenniferS - Uber planning, pixie dust snorting Disney-aholic, 51 year old kid at heart (despite what the mirror says).
View attachment 307107

This is Hubby. He likes the Tar Heels, the Blue Jays, food, beer, and me. Not necessarily in that order.
The words most often heard coming out of his mouth are “Whatever you want, Baby.”
View attachment 307108

This is us. We are adorable together. We’re each other’s ride or die.
View attachment 307106

Last year, we were celebrating my 50th birthday (as much as women celebrate these “milestones”).

This year, we are celebrating Mike’s 50th (both of us born in August, so it’s close enough to count) AND our 25th wedding anniversary earlier this year.

We have children, but we don’t bring them to Disney very often anymore. If they decide to get married and start giving us grand-babies, I will re-visit this decision. But for now, they stay home. We are on Jen and Mike time.

After two live trip reports, I’m not sure how wordy this report will be, but it will be heavy on pics, most especially of food! As Mike says - I’m only here for the food.

To be continued ....

To be continued ....

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have a one hour window for swimming and showering. Unfortunately it is pouring! First time since Day #1, so I shan't complain.

We were longer at Disney Springs than we’d planned, so I’ve already pushed our FP’s back by 2 hours and dinner by 40 minutes.

Next year’s BounceBack is booked. Same time (more or less - in relation to Labour Day). Same place or somewhere different ...?

Same place. Preferred King. Totally different touring philosophy next year though. Need to be more laid back like we were last year. This year’s go-go-go combined with a bad hip and a messed up knee AND heat in the mid-90’s every day proved to be a tad too much.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We have a one hour window for swimming and showering. Unfortunately it is pouring! First time since Day #1, so I shan't complain.

We were longer at Disney Springs than we’d planned, so I’ve already pushed our FP’s back by 2 hours and dinner by 40 minutes.

Next year’s BounceBack is booked. Same time (more or less - in relation to Labour Day). Same place or somewhere different ...?

Same place. Preferred King. Totally different touring philosophy next year though. Need to be more laid back like we were last year. This year’s go-go-go combined with a bad hip and a messed up knee AND heat in the mid-90’s every day proved to be a tad too much.
If its raining, you can shower and swim at the same time 😃

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Pics from Disney Springs earlier today.

F0AFC663-3E4A-4090-BB04-32A86527BD6A.jpeg

ADBF66F0-0EE9-4043-9623-3676FEAD81BC.jpeg

8C9C875E-721F-48B3-9D87-975AF8312556.jpeg

F9BC4453-A98E-4FBD-B6BB-4EF362A463CB.jpeg

5F4B4C65-4F9D-49F2-AEC8-85387AC9DB9F.jpeg

C9359EF1-B0B8-413A-8285-EDB539C71743.jpeg

978ECE82-8164-4554-8F81-3E5C48CA909E.jpeg

This is actually looking better as it ages.
Not what we were promised, but looking better than it did when it was brand spanking new, and a million times better than the old PH.
EC90F9E9-FFF3-436D-B6C3-656A9BD65197.jpeg

4E507B6A-17A0-4EE2-82A0-C6354143E912.jpeg

worldfanatic

Mike doesn’t want to change resorts next year. Prefers the adult vibe of Coronado. Says we need to book more resort time and drop a couple of park days though.

Same place. Preferred King. Totally different touring philosophy next year though. Need to be more laid back like we were last year.
Sounds like you're in a great position for negotiation.
You give him a more laid-back schedule in exchange for trying a new resort.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sounds like you're in a great position for negotiation.
You give him a more laid-back schedule in exchange for trying a new resort.
Same resort. Same preferred room category. 😂
He wants to take it easier as much for my sake as his. At one point today I was crying. He doesn’t like when I cry.

At work, people cry in his office all the time trying to get their way. He always tells them - You’re not my wife. Your tears don’t move me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom