• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report JenniferS (and Mike) will be live 9/2-9/13 ... maybe!

JenniferS

You’re nothing. But not to me.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Advertisement
Last attraction of the evening:

62896B0D-1CE3-41B4-A558-561A5C16D617.jpeg

We are not staying for fireworks. Today is what I was afraid the whole trip was going to be like. My feet are like Kleenex boxes, I have a monster blister, and my hip is very, very bad. I have my post-surgery scrip in the safe ... and I will be opening it.

I saw a lady in a wheelchair tonight who didn’t look too badly off, and I was kind of hoping she would fall out (no, I did not suggest that J should tip her) so I could snag her chair. 😂

No worries. We are in the truck, dropping of the young’uns, grabbing their candy, and heading back to our resort.

PUSH

Last attraction of the evening:

View attachment 409097

We are not staying for fireworks. Today is what I was afraid the whole trip was going to be like. My feet are like Kleenex boxes, I have a monster blister, and my hip is very, very bad. I have my post-surgery scrip in the safe ... and I will be opening it.

I saw a lady in a wheelchair tonight who didn’t look too badly off, and I was kind of hoping she would fall out (no, I did not suggest that J should tip her) so I could snag her chair. 😂

No worries. We are in the truck, dropping of the young’uns, grabbing their candy, and heading back to our resort.
In June I ended up with monster blisters on each of my pinky toes. It was so painful for me to walk. I couldn't do it normally, so I had to adjust the way I walked, which only made my feet ache and cramp when I sat down. Luckily I wasn't feeling it until the last day of the trip, but we had WS planned for the last afternoon, and I was a trooper through it. The following morning when we got up to walk to the car around 4 or 5am, I could barely make it down. If anyone had seen me, they probably would have thought I was in my 90s. 😂

JenniferS

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I did a mental recap of every thing I have eaten today and figured out why I was hungry ....
F & W:
- 1 lamb chop
- 4 fries from the poutine (including the one I accidentally dropped in front of the duck)
- half of the mushroom fillet
- half of the breadstick and cheddar cheese soup

Sci - Fi:
- a quarter of the dill pickle chips
- 5 onion rings
- less than a bite of the cheese steak sandwich
- a chocolate milkshake

At least 10 cups of water.

We are at Pepper Market, splitting this:
50DDF052-D54C-455B-A08F-B074248C2989.jpeg

6BAD2544-9065-4DFA-B1E3-C1024A35D50C.jpeg

72A63938-259E-4827-8643-C0E7DACFC0E0.jpeg

This was made fresh for us. Piping hot!
And look @NYwdwfan - your favourite garlic Parmesan wedges.

It is so bad to eat this late at night, but sometimes it happens.

Time to finish the iced tea, and then take coffee back to the room. The score will then be 6-4.

JenniferS

Premium Member
Original Poster
As I mentioned in @Tuvalu ‘s TR, I really think we’re leaning toward booking Caribbean Beach Resort next year.

We’ve had six years at Pop, and now six years at Coronado; but I think the Skyliner access is really going to tip the balance. If we don’t feel it’s a good fit, we can always come back.

We’ll be like Ross and Rachel - on a break.

Last edited:

worldfanatic

As I mentioned in @Tuvalu ‘s TR, I really think we’re leaning toward booking Caribbean Beach Resort next year.

We’ve had six years at Pop, and now six years at Coronado; but I think the Skyliner access is really going to tip the balance. If we don’t feel it’s a good fit, we can always come back.

We’ll be like Ross and Rachel - on a break.
I like that move.
The Skyliner will be a fun way to travel. And they've also upgraded CBR's lobby, restaurant & lounge.
Change can be fun. And as you said, you can always return to CSR the next year if you want to.

JenniferS

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day ? recap:
MS: Green
IdF
Gran Fiesta Tour
(Friendship boat to DHS, while the boys drove in the truck)
Smuggler’s Run
Star Tours
Frozen Sing Along
Launch Bay - Vader, Chewie, BB8
Slinky Dog - twice
ToT

And that’s a wrap for tonight. Catch you on the flip side. Tomorrow is the actual scheduled Epcot day (unlike today, which was a bonus to burn through J & K’s expiring snack credits.)

And what do you know, it really looks like this is finally the year for Skipper’s Canteen. I did ask Mike around about 10:30 if he wanted me to switch it to Toledo, and he said “Nope, let’s try it”. So there you have it. Skipper’s Canteen for the win!

JenniferS

Premium Member
Original Poster
Totally my last post tonight.

J & K are flying home tomorrow, so we grabbed their knapsack full of MNSSHP candy to drive home. Mike compared it to ours and declared that it wasn’t even close!!! You’re welcome - that was mostly my hard work!

BTW, correction from the other night - it was Diamond Horseshoe where I kept doing the endless loop during the parade, not Tortuga. My bad.

FYI - other than party night, neither of us has dipped into our candy stash. I don’t wear my glasses in the room, so I couldn’t even tell you where it is. 😂

JenniferS

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can’t sleep, so I checked my FB page and understandably it is full of 9/11 remembrances and tributes. This is the one that resonated the most.

F207C906-6927-4575-A6A9-E762EC693EEB.jpeg

I remember that morning so well, and the barrage of tragedy after tragedy, and literally getting on my knees and begging God to make it stop.

Thinking especially of @Tiggerish today. ❤

Top Bottom