Jedi Training

fizz03

Any tips on signing up for Jedi Training? We travel the last week of November and this is on my 8 year olds "must do" list. I've heard you need to be at the park incredibly early to get a spot. We have never done Jedi Training so I'm not really sure what to do / expect. Any advice is appreciated!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
My son participated during SWW this year. Get to the park for opening and while the hordes head to TSMM you can get your child signed up. They will ask your child some question and also touch base with you. You get a sheet that says what time to show up and where and away you go. Lots of great photo opportunities and they do a special photopass offer if I remember correctly. The padawan will get a certificate and have a great time.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Last year they began lining people up outside Hollywood & Vine at 8:30 (the park opened at 9) and then paraded everyone over to Sounds Dangerous in a single file line. If you are early risers, you can try getting an ADR for breakfast at Hollywood & Vine for the first available time slot and then just take your son outside at 8:30 to line up. They sign kids up on a first come, first served basis and there are (I think) 13 or so kids in each show and they go all day - I remember something like 200 kids per day can participate. If you're not there early you may get a later time-slot - which could conflict with evening ADRs. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Like others have said you will want to get the the park at opening and head to the old Sounds Dangerous theater to sign up. You must have your child with you, no exceptions. You will be given a return time and both you and your child will be taken over to the stage at that time. You will get a front row seat so you can take pictures and you will be given a photopass card as well.

One word of caution. There is zero shade for the spectators. If you are sensitive to the sun or you are going during the height of summer you will want to take the necessary precautions.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Get to DHS at park opening and head straight for where they are doing the sign-ups(last time I was there it was in Sounds Dangerous.) Bring your child with you because you can't sign up without them.

Good reminder....bring your child!
75.gif

Upvote 0

aw14

My son participated during SWW this year. Get to the park for opening and while the hordes head to TSMM you can get your child signed up. They will ask your child some question and also touch base with you. You get a sheet that says what time to show up and where and away you go. Lots of great photo opportunities and they do a special photopass offer if I remember correctly. The padawan will get a certificate and have a great time.
this was the same for us. My daughter was the first on the list when we went 8/11 due to everyone running to TSMM. Awesome time, I actually felt bad for Vader as she was swinging for the fences.

Upvote 0

wdwfan4eva

We were just there last week and my 6yo son participated. He had a blast! We were there for park opening, however, we didn't get him signed up right at the 'start'. It was still early and he got a spot in the 1:20pm training.

There are actually 30 spots for each training, 15 train on the ground while the other 15 train on the stage. Definitely have them watch a training before hand so they know what will be going on. There were a few in my son's group that were very clueless or too young. However, this also made for very humorous dialect from the Jedi Master! :D

Your 8yo will definitely love this!:)

Upvote 0

wdwfan4eva

Maybe they decided to continue the ground training??o_O I guess it's a better that way so that more kids get to participate.

The day we were there, Darth Maul was on the ground and Darth Vader was on the stage. We were happy that the line our son was in got to be the ones on stage.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe they decided to continue the ground training??o_O I guess it's a better that way so that more kids get to participate.

The day we were there, Darth Maul was on the ground and Darth Vader was on the stage. We were happy that the line our son was in got to be the ones on stage.
Hard to say. They might just do it all the time now considering how popular it is or they might just do it during peak crowd times.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
They ask the aspiring a number of questions including their age. In addition to that I would say from witnessing it many times that despite the fact that some of the young Jedi in training vowed to resist the dark side and stand up and use the force Darth Vader intimidates some of them. I've seen a few back up and one try to get off the stage. Perhaps he is big for his age and his medichlorian count is off the charts. That being said if they know his true age they probably won't let him participate.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Just ages 5-10 I believe? Unfortunately nothing for adults.:(
Do get there early, and sign up. It's a very memorable experience and so cool to fight Darth Vader!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They ask the aspiring a number of questions including their age. In addition to that I would say from witnessing it many times that despite the fact that some of the young Jedi in training vowed to resist the dark side and stand up and use the force Darth Vader intimidates some of them. I've seen a few back up and one try to get off the stage. Perhaps he is big for his age and his medichlorian count is off the charts. That being said if they know his true age they probably won't let him participate.
And sometimes they recognize the power of the dark side and decide to join.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom