Jedi Training Academy to close to reopen later this year as 'Jedi Training - Trials of the Temple'

leiaorgana

I'm kinda sad they've removed the Seventh Sister but I'm not surprised. The amount of people asking which line is for Vader on various message boards and making sure their kids were in the Darth Vader line at check-in and not "the other one" meant it was only a matter of time before they swapped her out.

As a character, I quite like her, but I guess unless you watch Star Wars Rebels you wouldn't have a clue who she is or her relevance with the Jedi and Jedi Temples. I'm just sad they removed a female character as I thought it was nice to have some extra female representation in the show but I can see boys moaning about having to "fight a girl" instead of someone like Vader or Kylo.

21stamps

I'm kinda sad they've removed the Seventh Sister but I'm not surprised. The amount of people asking which line is for Vader on various message boards and making sure their kids were in the Darth Vader line at check-in and not "the other one" meant it was only a matter of time before they swapped her out.

As a character, I quite like her, but I guess unless you watch Star Wars Rebels you wouldn't have a clue who she is or her relevance with the Jedi and Jedi Temples. I'm just sad they removed a female character as I thought it was nice to have some extra female representation in the show but I can see boys moaning about having to "fight a girl" instead of someone like Vader or Kylo.

My son thinks Rey kicks butt and is a huge fan.
I don't think it has anything to do with being a girl, just the character recognition, or lack of.

21stamps

Oh, so now we're using logic? Okay, then explain to me how Kylo Ren can be there with a man who died before he was even born.

The majority of the show is about light sabers.. using one, training with one, fighting with one.

Kylo Ren has been appearing for quite some time now, just not fighting the kids. They were already "using the force" to defeat him.

Matt_Black

This is a Jedi temple test. They're force illusions, like when Luke faced Vader/Himself in the tree/cave on Degobah.

FINALLY, someone comes up with a valid point. Because I think it would be more important for a Jedi to learn to fight an opponent who doesn't use a light saber but is still quite dangerous to a Jedi, like Boba, because those sorts of antagonists is what a Jedi is more likely to encounter. :bookworm:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FINALLY, someone comes up with a valid point. Because I think it would be more important for a Jedi to learn to fight an opponent who doesn't use a light saber but is still quite dangerous to a Jedi, like Boba, because those sorts of antagonists is what a Jedi is more likely to encounter. :bookworm:

Develop the tech for the illusion of a bouncing a blaster attack away with a plastic light saber, and I'm sure they'll do it.

glvsav37

Oh, so now we're using logic? Okay, then explain to me how Kylo Ren can be there with a man who died before he was even born.
seriously?

7 year olds want to wave a light saber around at character that they know from the movies...no more no less. Its bring into Studios b/c frankly there is very little for kids to do there. I'm sure they got complaints that little Johnny didn't get to fight Vader and instead got a 3rd rate villain that most people don't know, and now our vacation is completely ruined.

you can't fight boba fete b/c he does not use a light saber.

kids don't give a about forced illusions or chronological timelines....they want to swing at someone they know and mom and dad want the pictures to show their friends without them asking "who is that?"

I can't believe you are debating fact, logic or whatever make believe antagonist a 7 year old might encounter in a place built on a make believe mouse. I love Disney, the parks and it's history but I'm an adult and can seperate entertainment aimed at making my kid smile from "well that wouldn't be true if we had flying jet packs"

As it said, decisions like this pull bodies into the park and cut down on grumpy guests...thats all there is to it.

21stamps

Do you remember when you were 4,5,6 or 7?

That's not what these kids are thinking about.
They jump up in the morning ready to sprint out of the hotel room, they stand in line for over an hour.. without complaining. Why? Because They get to fight the villains that they love, the ones who's light sabers they already own, the ones who've they've seen in the movies.. and they get a certificate that shows they're now a Jedi, and they believe it.

Think equivalent of meeting a princess for the first time. That's what JTA is for a lot of boys.
(And plenty of girls too before anyone jumps on me for the "boy" comment)

doctornick

If that were true, then why is it Kylo Ren instead of Boba Fett, the most popular SW villain after Vader?

Well, I'm not sure that claim is necessarily correct, but regardless... it's a light saber battle, so you have to fight an opponent who has a light saber. Boba Fett wouldn't work.

They did have Darth Maul at one point and he would certainly be an alternative option. I'd actually prefer seeing him to Kylo Ren, if only because Kylo is otherwise meetable in the park.

Matt_Black

Yes, we should also tell kids to "be grateful" that they don't have to walk a mile to school, uphill, in a snowstorm.

Quite right! The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

21stamps

Quite right! The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Nah, that's describing a millennial.lol

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So........ what is the future of this once Galaxy Edge opens, I remember the rumor of it moving to Sounds Dangerous, but that seems out of the way. I hope they keep it or something like it
I brought this up in one of the Star Wars threads and nobody seemed to know what the future is for JTA. I assumed they would build an area into SW Land for this attraction (preferably indoors since it's hot as heck waiting for the show to start and can get cancelled if it rains). Some of the hard core Star Wars fanboys got bent out of shape over that because Darth Vader is dead before the timeline of the new trilogy and only characters from the new trilogy can be part of Star Wars Land. I don't know if that's just Fanboy talk or if Disney plans to actually follow that as a strict rule. I think they could get around it with some convoluted backstory to explain why Vader is there.

21stamps

I brought this up in one of the Star Wars threads and nobody seemed to know what the future is for JTA. I assumed they would build an area into SW Land for this attraction (preferably indoors since it's hot as heck waiting for the show to start and can get cancelled if it rains). Some of the hard core Star Wars fanboys got bent out of shape over that because Darth Vader is dead before the timeline of the new trilogy and only characters from the new trilogy can be part of Star Wars Land. I don't know if that's just Fanboy talk or if Disney plans to actually follow that as a strict rule. I think they could get around it with some convoluted backstory to explain why Vader is there.

Wait, I didn't know this. Star Wars Land is only based on the new movies?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom