Jeb and George Bush Taking a Cruise ...

Michael72688

Originally posted by dreamer
I hope they have more than choppers. I'll bet there's at least one submarine following the ship -- if Dubya's really on board.

Please, a submarine!?!?!? I think they have enough secruity onboard and at the terminal for them, and submarine would have pushed it a little overboard (parden the pun) and Besides they all came back on Sunday and they were fine.

Lee L

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
Did you all hear that the ship left the port an hour late because they had to wait for the twins. Their plane was late. What annoys me is that if it were me on a late plane, I would have missed the ship. I met people from Alaska the last time I went on the Wonder who made it on time!:confused:

I disagree with this statement. My wife and I sailed on the Wonder in Jan, 2002 and we left port an hour and a half late because 4 or 6 guests were late because of their flight. Disney tries to do what it can to keep all the guests happy. According to the person in GR I talked to, the people in question were booked in an all inclusive package through Disney so I guess it is possible that if you just had a cruise booked, you might get left but who knows.

I will say that the captain had the throttles pushed all the way forward an the way down to Nassau. We left after the Royal Carribean and Carnival ships and beat them there by at least an hour, 2 for the Royal Carribean ship.

SamatBCV

Originally posted by happy snapper
Its a shame the same cant be said of the celebrities entourage bothering everyone else.

El Pres. etc, I can understand but some of the talentless pop personages, egos as bis as Air Force 1.

I agree happy snapper. I was on the cruise with Aaron Carter. (I didn't even know who he was when I got on the ship, and I was happier NOT knowing.) All these teenagers kept looking for him all over the ship and I couldn't get away from him and his dad. What made it worse is that I went to the adult areas of the ship to get away and he was allowed in (he was only 16 or 17, not old enough for certain parts of the ship). :brick:

By the way Dreamer, Dubya is not on the ship, just his brother (Jeb) and some other family members.

SamatBCV

Originally posted by wanabeimagineer
And they're dad, George Bush Sr.

Yes, thanks. I forgot about him (but he is still not Dubya).

Oh, also for all those speculating about the massive Secret Service presense... The secret service scales back pretty much from former presidents. I'm not saying they aren't there, but the security is not anywhere near what it would be for the president.

Florida Man

Originally posted by imagineergurl
lol,if the twins are on board keep em away from the bar! im hopin jeb doesnt get sick,i really do not feel like having a sick governor down here. the rest of the u.s. already thinks florida is weird enough from all the voting problems, and that whole um *incident* were not supposed to talk about.*wink wink*

What incident? Are you still toalking about the Recounting? Because you said voting problems and ..........

ok later

mickeyfanatics

Originally posted by Spectroman17
Everybody just needs to leave them alone, they have there own lives. There normal people just like me and you. They have a right there buisness.

I agree that they have their own lives, but not when it is being spent at the taxpayers expense. The president makes over 200,000 per year, but he spends none of it because the taxpayers foot the bill for the majority of his expenses during his term.

SamatBCV

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
I agree that they have their own lives, but not when it is being spent at the taxpayers expense. The president makes over 200,000 per year, but he spends none of it because the taxpayers foot the bill for the majority of his expenses during his term.

That is well said and true, but consider the following:

Most CEOs make several times the amount the President makes regardless of the fact that his decisions affect more people in larger ways than those CEOs. Also, most (not all) of those expenses are for the country (legally, anything meant for campaigning cannot be paid for by the government, it is usually paid for by the political party the pres is a member of).

I am not saying that the president is underpaid. What I am saying is that he is probably paid what he is worth. I would complain more about the CEOs making millions.

Finally, please remember that the current president is not the one on the cruise. True, the taxpayers are paying for secret service to protect the former president, but those expenses are not all that large (in the grand scheme of things).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom