Jealous of Disney "newbies?

NemoRocks78

Seized
I feel this way a lot. I'm super thankful to have had the opportunity to live close to WDW and DL and visit both a ton each year, but I think it'd be super cool to plan a whole trip out, make a bunch of ADRs, have a long stay in a hotel, and have the experience of riding my favorite rides once a year or something. It'd be something special, I think. But at the same time, I would never want to lose the opportunity of going often! :p

Redsky89

I actually enjoy the parks more as I've grown older and come to know more about them. You don't really appreciate what there is to offer at WDW until you've experienced it and seen all for years and years I feel.

mitchk

You know, I never really thought about that. I was first there in 87' and my favorite park was EPCOT Center! I didn't get back till 2001, and I'll tell you the truth, I love knowing all about Disney, but those 2 trips will always be in my memories, because everything was new to me. I didn't mind waiting 60 min for Splash Mountain, thinking 45 min wait for Big Thunder was short. Now if it's over 15 min, I need a FP..... Oh well we get older and I'm sure the 20 some trips since 2001, didn't keep it as magical. The great thing is, now I have a lil 3 year old girl, and I get to watch her experience all the magic. I just may need to slow down a bit, our sept trip will mark her forth time there, but she can't wait.... Neither can I!!:)

scoobygirl39541

No. My coworker is going for the first time next month and doesn't have a clue on all the reservations you have to make. I'd never want to erase all the experience I've collected over the years!

fillerup

I understand the thrill of being new to the parks, but I absolutely don't miss it. I feel like I know where to go to enjoy the little things that have me continuing to buy an AP.

While the newbies camp out for an hour on the bridge out of France, I can buy a cup of coffee at 8:55 and then sit in the gardens of the UK in complete peace until well after Illuminations, chatting with and saying goodnight to the British kids heading home for the night.

BoarderPhreak

It would be kind of cool to experience everything as new all over again. Though I do appreciate what I've seen, experienced and learned over the years. Some ways to "start over:"

- Take a break for a while (like, a year or three) and see what's new when you come back
- Go to a new park (e.g. Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, etc.)
- Go to Universal instead. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom