Attachments

• CrZqDv2XYAA5mLF.jpg
    CrZqDv2XYAA5mLF.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 3,030
  • CrZpXLbWgAQZP4w.jpg
    CrZpXLbWgAQZP4w.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2,068

No Name

Her costume was bound to change, I guess. For multiple reasons. Some misguided reasons, some which I can agree with.

My biggest problem is that if you dress a young adult in something that the character they're portraying hasn't worn before... are they that character? What makes that person Jasmine? The fact that they're of the same ethnicity, and, well, are wearing blue and gold clothing?

And as for someone not too familiar with Jasmine and Disney princesses in general, would they recognize her? How much more difficult is it now for a young child to recognize and identify that park character? When they look back in pictures 50 years from now, will it be harder to tell who that is?

I really don't know. I'm not a young child, I'm too familiar with the characters, and I don't know how the characters are marketed and such today. And I don't know how popular Jasmine will be in 50 years. I just wonder.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Are we sure this isn't a park guest dressed up for a photo because this is so bad. I mean the wig looks horrid, the outfit is cheap and wonky, but at least the performer does look like they could be jasmine (if given the right outfit.) so, so, so, sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom