Jasmine’s new look at WDW?

Monkee Girl

While I understand the reasoning for the outfit change, Jasmine just doesn't look like Jasmine if she's not dressed like this...

View attachment 722384
agree. the new outfit just looks too Party City for me. And if they have to cover up a bit, that's fine; why change her wig? The weird bangs are ridiculous looking and she's known for that big hair and I miss it. I always thought the old top could be fixed. When I think of the cartoon, I never thought her sleeves would look the way they do on the old costume (she looked like she was wearing flotation devices, lol), so as I said in my other post, make it more like the Disneyland show where she had full sleeves. Or put her in her beautiful purple engagement dress. I dunno. I stopped meeting her after the change and the kids don't care so it is what it is. If the actresses feel more comfortable...cool....but there's something that bothers me about 'character integrity' when they rather change the iconic look than focus on the problem that caused the change.

Just to add: there was a time, a thousand years ago, when I dressed up as princesses for a couple friend's parties and I got the most 'assaulted' as Snow White in a full gown and cape as opposed to if I did Ariel in the fin. It's really not about the outfit, some men are creeps regardless and they should be booted out/reprimanded if it happens. so it just annoys me a tad that they rather change a character's movie look into something that ridiculous instead of punishing then people that think they have a right to touch these poor girls. Jasmine was in that look for what? 25 years and then suddenly it's an issue? Again, is that it is. I don't want to get in a fight over it. It just makes me sad because I preferred the old look.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom