January or February

Rsj88

We usually do Disney in November but this year we are going to wait until January or February. I was considering the week of January 12th but after reading other threads about lingering crowds from the Marathon and then MLK weekend I’m looking at alternatives. I was wondering if the week of Jan. 26 or Feb. 2 would be better. Anyone have any experiences with these dates? They all look about the same on the crowd calendars but I’m wondering if there is something I’m not taking into account. Thanks!!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
February will be a better choice. Valentine's Day is the start of a 3 day holiday weekend for many, with President's Day, and the weekend following is Princess Half Marathon. So go early February as planned.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

We are in the same situation February or January considering Jan 13-16 all crowd calendars are posting light crowds and after our May trip I can't take the FL heat like I used too.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We are in the same situation February or January considering Jan 13-16 all crowd calendars are posting light crowds and after our May trip I can't take the FL heat like I used too.

Monday the 13th will still see crowds from Marathon weekend, but Tuesday through Thursday should be less crowded.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

On Feb. 26th you will get crowds from the Princess Half Marathon from the previous week. I know, as we had that happen to us one time.
On a better note: We went Feb 6th to the 16 one year and really liked the lower crowds. We were afraid of the foreign tour groups. However, we only saw a couple and they were well behaved. The cheer leader crowds were huge, but we just turned around and got on another ride. No problems. The weather was perfect at 70's in the day and 50's at night.
We have never gone to WDW in January though, but FEb. was fine, IMO>

Upvote 0

Rsj88

Original Poster
Thank you all for your help. I think I’ve decided to go with the last week of January because waiting until February just seems like too far away lol. Both weeks look about the same. It may depend on which dates are cheaper. I am hoping to book bright and early Tuesday morning! I’m so excited to finally our next trip booked! Then I just have to wait to see if they come with any discounts!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom