January 5th-11th?

caseyleigh

My family and I have been going to WDW for years, but usually in late January-early February. This year, we have to go earlier in the month (5th-11th), and I found out after we booked the vacation that we'll be there during marathon weekend. I guess that's what I get for not planning ahead, right?:brick: Anyway, I understand that it'll be busy during the marathon. . .but about HOW busy? Spring break busy? Summer busy? Or just busier than normal for January? I'm kind of worried now. . .we go during the off months so we can avoid the crowds. Thanks, all!

IwishIliveinWDW

I went last year and did the marathon. Besides Saturday and Sunday, it was great. The park was empty. Just be prepared to have a very slow time getting somewhere on Saturday and Sunday. Have fun

Upvote 0

SleepingBindy

We have been during the marathon times over the last few years and have never had any problems. All that affects you is in EPCOT where the finish line is but having said that it is well controlled and doesn't interfere with your visit.

I guess it is slightly busier over the few days surrounding the marathon BUT again not enough to seriously affect your visit. Definitley still quieter than other times!

:xmas::sohappy: Merry Christmas to all!

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

Awww you are getting there on my daughter's bday. I just told my husband last night that I want to try to go right after christmas sometime and stay until after her bday.

I hope you have a wonderful time! I don't know anything about the marathon!

Upvote 0
Us Too...

We'll be there the 6th through the 12th:wave: I'm not going to worry about the crowds anyway...I'm on vactation, and the only running I do is back and forth to the buffett table.:slurp:

Upvote 0

natalia1681

I'm so glad that everyone is coming to Disney to visit me on my birthday!!:king::lol:

Hopefully we'll get to *see* each other there. I'll be one of the people not running the marathon, but definitely running to the buffet:wave:

Upvote 0

DopeysGirl1226

Also, the next weekend is the soccer 3 v 3 championships. I know my team is heading down in the 10th, and i can't imagine that we are the only team heading down early. Im not sure what impact that will have overall because this is my first year that we've advanced this far. But its something to keep in mind.
:wave:

Upvote 0

cmor42180

maybe im dumb but what exactly is marathon weekend, ill be there the 4th through the 7th but staying off property and i plan on spending the 5th in disney for the day....what should i expect?

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

I went last year and did the marathon. Besides Saturday and Sunday, it was great. The park was empty. Just be prepared to have a very slow time getting somewhere on Saturday and Sunday. Have fun
Agreed...I didn't have any trouble last year during Marathon weekend. The parks were not horribly crowded, it was just average crowds. And we had a little trouble getting around during the weekend, but other than that, it was great.

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

maybe im dumb but what exactly is marathon weekend, ill be there the 4th through the 7th but staying off property and i plan on spending the 5th in disney for the day....what should i expect?
The marathon weekend is just that. Disney holds a marathon usually around the first weekend in January. People from all over the country come down to run in the race. There is a half marathon that I believe is run on Saturday and then the full marathon is run on Sunday. I'm not sure how crowded it will be when you are there...but with my experience last year, it won't be horrible.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom