January '05 Vacation?

MsSnuzi

Who will be in WDW in January?

I'll be at AKL from the 1st to the 9th.
First time there, looking forward to spending some time with the Mouse. :)

Laura

Premium Member
I will be vacationing at my parent's condo with my kids, my parents, and my sister and her fiance in Kissimmee from January 29-Feb 5. We plan to be in Disney at least 3 of those days.

We are going to Downtown Disney for the day on Jan 30th and then eating at Ohana for dinner that night during wishes. Then we're going to the Magic Kindgom for the day on the 31st and Epcot for the day on the 3rd.

Both my parents and my own family have each had a full week Disney vacation in the last year so we are just spending a couple days in Disney on this trip.

BTW, does anyone know what the crowds are like the last week in Jan and the first week in Feb? I don't believe there are any holidays so kids should be in school which means it shouldn't be too crowded right? And what is the weather like? I'm guessing short sleeve shirts and long pants weather but definitely too cold for water parks?

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Laura22 said:
I will be vacationing at my parent's condo with my kids, my parents, and my sister and her fiance in Kissimmee from January 29-Feb 5. We plan to be in Disney at least 3 of those days.

We are going to Downtown Disney for the day on Jan 30th and then eating at Ohana for dinner that night during wishes. Then we're going to the Magic Kindgom for the day on the 31st and Epcot for the day on the 3rd.

Both my parents and my own family have each had a full week Disney vacation in the last year so we are just spending a couple days in Disney on this trip.

BTW, does anyone know what the crowds are like the last week in Jan and the first week in Feb? I don't believe there are any holidays so kids should be in school which means it shouldn't be too crowded right? And what is the weather like? I'm guessing short sleeve shirts and long pants weather but definitely too cold for water parks?

The thing is there are american school holidays, (rather standard, some variance) and then international holidays. I have noticed them seem to differe and are often on off season for USA. So when ever we go not during USA school breaks, there are a lot of people there from England and such (just not Bazilan tour groups I hope :eek: )

It should be a good time to go. We went Feb 1 to 4 when I was 30 weeks prengnat with Little PhD (2001) and it was very uncrowded (and cold :lookaroun )

You should be fine. Have a great time. We won't be there until the end of Febuary, but we are really looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
We went Feb 1 to 4 when I was 30 weeks prengnat with Little PhD (2001)

Too funny - I was there 2 weeks after you and 14 weeks pregnant with my son! I remember I drove down to Florida by myself and met up with my Grandparents the day after Valentine's day. My husband had sent me a huge bouquet of roses from Japan (he was deployed) and I didn't want them to go to waste so I drove them all the way to Disney with me LOL.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Laura22 said:
Too funny - I was there 2 weeks after you and 14 weeks pregnant with my son! I remember I drove down to Florida by myself and met up with my Grandparents the day after Valentine's day. My husband had sent me a huge bouquet of roses from Japan (he was deployed) and I didn't want them to go to waste so I drove them all the way to Disney with me LOL.

LOL, our kids must be close in age. :lol: That explains the Disney Nut gene. My husband calls it "born under the sign of the mouse ears!"

I hoped it warmed up for you, there was a cold front coming through and the highs were only in the 60's, but it warmed up after we left. :cry:

I was there this past Jan 04, 1-7th, but I was 8 weeks pregnant then. Both pregnacys I was sick as a dog, but felt great when at WDW. Looking foward to going back not pregnant this next time.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I was there this past Jan 04, 1-7th, but I was 8 weeks pregnant then. Both pregnacys I was sick as a dog, but felt great when at WDW. Looking foward to going back not pregnant this next time.

OMG - this is crazy (sorry for hijacking this thread!)

Here's my experience. Both times I was pregnant I had hyperemesis gravidarum (horribly severe cant-keep-anything-down-for-months morning sickness). I was hospitalized a few times in January 2001 because I was so sick (I had to quit my job even). My grandparents invited me to Disney and I didn't think I could do it. It's an 11 hour drive and I was so sick I couldn't even stand up. But I could not resist an invitation to Disney so I said yes. The day after Valentine's day I woke up sick as usual, but kept on tr__________g and got in my little eclipse with my big bouquet of roses in the back seat and drove myself 11 hours to Florida. Didn't throw up a single time on the way down. Well the entire week I was in Disney I didn't get sick at all!!! It was unbelievable. I thought my ordeal with morning sickness was over! Well on the last day I packed up to go home and grabbed a bite to eat in the food court at All-Star Music and after I ate, about 10 minutes before I was about to leave to go home I had to run to the bathroom because I got extremely sick. I made the drive home ok, but as soon as I walked into my house I started getting really sick again and was back to square one with the 24 hour a day morning sickness which lasted several more months. It was BIZARRE! I tell everyone it was the Disney magic LOL. So strange that you had a similar experience!

Oh, and the photos I have from that trip I'm wearing shorts, so must be it warmed up after you left LOL.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom