Jan 2021

Aside from everything going on at the moment if things calm down considering a trip possibly in early January. Based on the past is there any Christmas decorations left over etc ?

How is the weather , and are any of the water parks open?

Please no Covid-19 as trying to escape from reality at the moment .

We normally go October- November time.

drizgirl

January can be cold. January can be hot. This year they had to end the marathon early because it was too hot for the runners. But generally it's very pleasant.

Resorts decorations come down right after the new year. They leave most of the stuff up in the parks until after the marathon. Not sure what or if they'll do this year of course.

Upvote 0

Rob562

As mentioned above, the decorations typically stay up for a little while after New Years. Typically you can count on the decorations to be up until the weekend after New Years, however Jan 1 is a Friday this year, so whether it'd be that weekend or the weekend after is anyone's guess.

Also expect only one water park to be open. They close one at a time to undergo extended refurb in the winter months. I think the switch from one park to the other usually happens in January, so depending on your dates you could theoretically even go to each water park if your trip spans the changeover.

They'll also close the operating water park if the weather will be too cold.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

My last two trips have been late Jan/early Feb and the water park(s) were closed for a portion of the trip.

The good news is, once the temperature hits the magic number that allows the water parks to open, they're extremely quiet. For many guests they're still "too cold".

My days at Universal's Volcano Bay last year were fun and relaxing because there was almost no waits, a nice relaxing change from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

We did end of January into February 2019 and it was chilly! Mornings and evenings we needed heavy hoodies (or coats) but during the day we were usually in long sleeves and pants. I think the entire week we were there we only had one or two days warm enough for the pool, but I don't think the water park was open. I'd definitely go that time of year again though.

Upvote 0

RScottyL

I am planning a trip as well, in January 2021, for mine and my daughter's birthday!

I was checking the weather and said it could get chilly, as this would be my first ever January trip!

I chose January for (1) our birthdays and (2) It "usually" is slower.

Yeah, I don't care about the water parks, since I have a handful of water parks in my area (D/FW)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom