Jan 16-23 2020, Couple of questions.

Surferboy567

Some of these may be too early to call but I'd figure I'd try my luck anyways. I just booked my hotel for the dates listed above (super excited). This is my first time going to Disney World with no family and just friends (been to the parks 25+ times w family first time traveling anywhere really without family). Planning this trip because it will be my friend's first trip to WDW and obviously I want to check out Galaxy's Edge as I normally check out any new addition.

The main question is I get that all bets are off when Galaxy's Edge opens but how are crowds around this time? I know it's around Martin Luther King weekend and that will be busy which is fine. (I know how to get around) but what about the other lower profile days namely (16,17, 21, 22, 23)?

Any tips for first timers? (I haven't taken a first timer in quite some time)

JohnD

Some of these may be too early to call but I'd figure I'd try my luck anyways. I just booked my hotel for the dates listed above (super excited). This is my first time going to Disney World with no family and just friends (been to the parks 25+ times w family first time traveling anywhere really without family). Planning this trip because it will be my friend's first trip to WDW and obviously I want to check out Galaxy's Edge as I normally check out any new addition.

The main question is I get that all bets are off when Galaxy's Edge opens but how are crowds around this time? I know it's around Martin Luther King weekend and that will be busy which is fine. (I know how to get around) but what about the other lower profile days namely (16,17, 21, 22, 23)?

Any tips for first timers? (I haven't taken a first timer in quite some time)

Make every effort to go at Rope Drop, especially for SW:GE. While Smugglers Run will be a great attraction, I suspect that Rise of the Resistance will be the premier attraction of SW:GE just as FOP is in Pandora.

Upvote 0

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Make every effort to go at Rope Drop, especially for SW:GE. While Smugglers Run will be a great attraction, I suspect that Rise of the Resistance will be the premier attraction of SW:GE just as FOP is in Pandora.

The top priority at least for me is definitely rise of the resistance but we are gonna want to experience everything that we can in Batuu

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Just be advised...Cheerleading competitions and tour groups are full effect so with this mind it will be little busy due to this but, expect averages up to about 40 mins or more on bigger rides..I'm coming in on Pro bowl weekend just as the game is going on (Jan 26th) so just as it's happening it won't be as bad for me for the 10 days I am staying and then I'm transferring to Universal for the last leg of my trip with sea world and busch in the mix...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom