I've never stayed off site before....

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
.... but probably will be next August! My friend and I have been talking about taking our kids to Disney together for years and now we're actually trying to plan it. I'm looking into renting a house, but the idea of booking a house online makes me nervous. We'd like to stay together as opposed to staying in a hotel where we'd have to get separate rooms. The trip would consist of me, my boyfriend, and our (then) 6 year old, my friend, her (then) husband, and their two girls that will be 5 and 6.

I'd like to stay somewhere that we can put the girls in their own room and then have one room for me and my boyfriend and another for my friend and her (almost) husband.

What are your suggestions? I've looked at HomeAway.com and Vrbo.com but again, it makes me nervous renting from a random person online.

Also. I'm sorry if this has been covered. I'm on my phone and don't know how to really work the site this way. Lol.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I always rent from a company with a good BBB rating not a random person. It may be a few dollars more but worth taking out the risk.

BiffyClyro

Youguys have expedia in America? That's your best/ safest bet. You can get a nice condo that would be really cheap because of the size of your party. We have stayed at Sheraton Vistana (right near Disney), Champions Gate, Lake Buena Vista resorts, Melia Celebration.... There are so many more. Have a look at those, even ring up for deals.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I always rent from a company with a good BBB rating not a random person. It may be a few dollars more but worth taking out the risk.
This is the best way to go. Use a proven company with a decent reputation. You may pay more this way BUT you have a guaranteed house once you arrive.
If you rent off an unknown person who knows whether they're genuine or they even have a place to rent - you could end up sat on the sidewalk with your suitcases and only the stars over your head. There are crooks out there waiting to exploit those seeking a bargain.

wdwhoneymooner

We have stayed a few times @ Windsor Hills resort and have always had a pleasant, hassle free time. We've tried the 3 bedroom condos in the tower building as well as the 3 bedroom townhouses. Of the two, we like the townhouse more because of the private splash pool in the rear of the unit. Last July 4th we did experience a problem with our air conditioning unit in the late evening but when we contacted the management company, they had a service tech arrive within 40 minutes of our call and it was taken care of. This was after midnight.

DiSnEyF@n

Youguys have expedia in America? That's your best/ safest bet. You can get a nice condo that would be really cheap because of the size of your party. We have stayed at Sheraton Vistana (right near Disney), Champions Gate, Lake Buena Vista resorts, Melia Celebration.... There are so many more. Have a look at those, even ring up for deals.

This is great advice. We are planning to stay at Vistana Resort Villas Lake Buena Vista for 5 nights (before we go over to Disney for 5 nights). They have 2 bedroom villas; 1 bedroom as King or Queen, 2nd bedroom has 2 twin/full or queen beds and the family room has a pullout sofa option. This could work for your party.

zetaetadg

I have rented many, many times from VRBO and have rarely been disappointed. If you rent a home with recent high ratings (more than 20) on VRBO/HomeAway, you should be ok. Or you can go with a reputable property management company. We always stay in the area south of WDW around Funie Steed Road. We've never stayed on property and, honestly, don't ever plan to do so.

Good luck!

Jacklyn

We have rented thru Allstar Vacation Homes a few times and stayed in homes at Windsor Hills. It's a bit more expensive than renting directly from a home owner as they are a property management company, but like you we were a bit nervous and this just felt safer. Next time we're giving a direct home owner rental a try, fingers crossed! Good Luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom